Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 2002 SVT focus and I want to move the battery to build an intake. I have seen pictures of people who move the battery to the stock airbox location. I was wondering if anybody has done this or if there is already a thread on it. I was curious as to how the battery would be mounted up there?

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
most people relocate the battery to the trunk with a relocation kit. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of what your talking about maybe you were looking at a duratec engine?

anyways if you remove the stock air box it kinda sits on a platform which you could modify the stock battery tray to fit, or just find a way to strap the battery there....

·
Registered
209 Posts
If your going to go through the trouble of making some customer bracket to move it 6 inches back, just go ahead and move it to the trunk. When you move it to the trunk you can completely remove the bracket and frees up a ton of space on the drivers side of the engine bay

·
Registered
79 Posts
yes, trunk. That's what I did with mine to make room for my turbo lol. But you don't need some expensive relocation kit, I bought a battery box at pepboys for like $10 and then bought like $40 worth of battery cable to go to the trunk. I extended the stock cable and went through the firewall and into the car, under the carpet and to the back to the trunk. I can make a vid if you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts