Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be taking my car with me to Canada and apparently I need to retrofit DRLs to it to pass a safety inspection.

My question is does anyone have a PN, price, suggestions where to buy the module or a way the rig up a home-brewed drl module? Any info is appreciated.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
just wire the lights to run when the key is on. lol. Probably just rewire the headlight relay to a switched power source and you should be good to go.

not sure if that's exactly gonna work but it sounds like it would.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
might want to ask your local Ford Dealer or Tousley for the parts needed to make it legal.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i think you just need to add the relay to the fuse box in the engine compartment. could be wrong, but DRL's are pretty basic. key is in "on" headlights (or some other light, eg. fogs or the "glow" on the turn signals) are on.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
right exactly. and yeah I forgot there might be a space for the drl relay. not sure if they wired it though and if not just wire your own.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help. going to look into these options. one other thing is, i have the ebay projectors and wondering which lamps would need to be set up as the DRL? front running lights, actual headlights or halo rings with the accent lighting?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talked to a ford dealership north of the border and they told me that it is a programming deal. $90 to program it and apparently I'll never be able to unprogram it :/ looks like I will be homebrewing this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts