Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I am stopped either at a stop sign or light and I have the clutch all the way to the floor I feel movement underneath the floor with my foot when I turn the steering wheel any way. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what it might be caused by.

Edit(Or Addition): You can test this out yourself, all you need is a new focus, a driveway and a manual transmission, there is no need to drive anywhere, just get in, turn the car on, push the clutch in and turn the wheel back and forth. Let me know if it happens to you guys.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
manual transaxle, both front wheels are connected to the transmission, hence, transaxle since your wheels are connected to the transmission via the front axles, it doesnt sound too far-fetched to feel some movement when you engage the clutch, because they're all connected somehow

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
manual transaxle, both front wheels are connected to the transmission, hence, transaxle since your wheels are connected to the transmission via the front axles, it doesnt sound too far-fetched to feel some movement when you engage the clutch, because they're all connected somehow
The key is that I don't feel the movement through engaging the clutch, I feel It when the clutch is already full engaged. It is the act of moving the steering wheel left or right that causes the movement. I "feel" the movement coming from beneath the floor through the clutch pedal into my left foot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So when I am stopped either at a stop sign or light and I have the clutch all the way to the floor I feel movement underneath the floor with my foot when I turn the steering wheel any way. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what it might be caused by.

Edit(Or Addition): You can test this out yourself, all you need is a new focus, a driveway and a manual transmission, there is no need to drive anywhere, just get in, turn the car on, push the clutch in and turn the wheel back and forth. Let me know if it happens to you guys.
I checked mine tonight, and mine has no movement.[wave]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts