Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I think this mainly happens in sub zero (C) temperatures but when I turn the steering wheel hard and while moving slowly (parking lot) I feel some movement underneath the floorboard. It makes a slight wobble sound. This is for an 08 focus, any ideas what it could be? When I'm driving on a regular street or highway speed this does not happen.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Wobble noise sounds like a rotating noise. wheel/tire assembly??? How are your tires? thread depth? what kind of tires? Could be the tires coming up to temp.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wobble noise sounds like a rotating noise. wheel/tire assembly??? How are your tires? thread depth? what kind of tires? Could be the tires coming up to temp.
I just got them replaced, balanced and aligned as well. Brand new and they're still at 10mm depth. But this had been happening before I got new tires. It also happens when I turn the wheel when the car is not moving. I'm thinking it has something to do with he steering components.

Maybe wobble isn't the best descriptive term. It's a faint sound like something underneath the floorboard is rubbing against it tat I can definitely feel under my feet. But it has no effect on steering.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Be great to look under the car when someone is turning the wheel.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd look at the rack bushings, possible. I really don't think its the bushings, but you never know.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea I'll and investigate some more tomorrow. This cold weather isn't helping though lol
Yea, I wouldn't think it is either,,,,,

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Thinking it could be ice build up. Will wash the car tomorrow and find out.
I get some interesting rubbing noises when my wheel wells are full of snow/slush/ice. It doesnt help that i am lowered, puts my tire closer to things to rub on.

Hopefully its just a temporary thing due to snow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts