Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have real dyno #'s for the MR300 kit from Mountune? I see it's listed as 300hp but no charts to back it up like the MP275. It's currently $2900 with the discount right now and thinking if i just initially have it installed loaded with a MP275 map it would be on record as covered under the FRP warranty at the dealership since its basically a MP275 kit + the downpipe/exhaust/hoses and different ecu flash (which could be done later). The Quaife LSD + install kit is only $954 with the discount...ho ho ho [headbang]

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
Of course you'd want the d/p & ecu reflash......
MP275 and MR300 both come with tuning. The MP300 adds turbo back exhaust and some other bits

MR300:
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-MR300-Performance-Upgrade-Focus-ST-p/2363-300-aa.htm
Large-capacity alloy intercooler
Low-loss cast crossover duct with silicone hose- 2363-CAIS-BB
High-flow dual-entry air filter - 2363-AF-AA
High-flow 3" down pipe with 200-cell sports unit - 2363-DPSC-AA
High-flow 2.5" bore cat-back exhaust - 2363-CBE-AA
High-flow charge pipe upgrade kit - 2363-CPK-BLK
High-flow silicone induction hose - 2363-IH-BLK
mTune handset loaded with MR300 calibration
mountune badge set
Optional painted on mountune logo can be applied with included stencil
MP275:
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-MP275-Performance-Upgrade-Focus-ST-p/2363-280-aa.htm
mountune Induction kit
mountune High Flow Intercooler
mountune mTune handset
mountune performance badge
Optional painted on mountune logo can be applied with included stencil

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Anybody have real dyno #'s for the MR300 kit from Mountune? I see it's listed as 300hp but no charts to back it up like the MP275. It's currently $2900 with the discount right now and thinking if i just initially have it installed loaded with a MP275 map it would be on record as covered under the FRP warranty at the dealership since its basically a MP275 kit + the downpipe/exhaust/hoses and different ecu flash (which could be done later). The Quaife LSD + install kit is only $954 with the discount...ho ho ho [headbang]
No you wouldn't be covered by the Ford Performance Warranty if you install the MR300 hardware after installing the MP275 kit and calibration just because you didn't install the calibration for the MR300.

If you're going to go all the way you need to be prepared to own your modifications and to pay to play. None of this trying to trick your way into warranty coverage by having the dealer or an ASE certified tech install the MP275 kit and calibration then under the table install the down pipe and turbo back exhaust, then later try to flash in the MR300 calibration.

I'm tired of hearing about how people try to return their damaged cars back to stock to try and get warranty coverage also, look if you believed your modifications didn't cause the issue in the first place then why remove them before taking it in as opposed to proving that it wasn't caused by them?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No you wouldn't be covered by the Ford Performance Warranty if you install the MR300 hardware after installing the MP275 kit and calibration just because you didn't install the calibration for the MR300.

If you're going to go all the way you need to be prepared to own your modifications and to pay to play. None of this trying to trick your way into warranty coverage by having the dealer or an ASE certified tech install the MP275 kit and calibration then under the table install the down pipe and turbo back exhaust, then later try to flash in the MR300 calibration.

I'm tired of hearing about how people try to return their damaged cars back to stock to try and get warranty coverage also, look if you believed your modifications didn't cause the issue in the first place then why remove them before taking it in as opposed to proving that it wasn't caused by them?
I agree with being prepared to own your mods but that doesnt mean that ford should deny claims because of a few bolt-ons.. I get the MR300 ecu flash being a deal breaker if it causes engine failure but not because of a few hard parts that Ford will use as an excuse to deny a claim.

I see no problem with using a MP275 kit and adding the MR 300 upgrade parts (basically a catted 200 cell downpipe, CBE and IC piping/hoses) without the MR300 ECU reflash. Once you add the MR300 calibration then its bye bye powertrain if its the flash that causes failure.

I'm still on the fence about going with any kit upgrades that reduce the original and any extended warranty options to only the Ford Performance 3/36K

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
I agree with being prepared to own your mods but that doesnt mean that ford should deny claims because of a few bolt-ons.. I get the MR300 ecu flash being a deal breaker if it causes engine failure but not because of a few hard parts that Ford will use as an excuse to deny a claim.

I see no problem with using a MP275 kit and adding the MR 300 upgrade parts (basically a catted 200 cell downpipe, CBE and IC piping/hoses) without the MR300 ECU reflash. Once you add the MR300 calibration then its bye bye powertrain if its the flash that causes failure.

I'm still on the fence about going with any kit upgrades that reduce the original and any extended warranty options to only the Ford Performance 3/36K
What are you looking to get out of your car? I'd for sure do a diff/bbk......

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts

The low cell cat is still federally illegal and enough of a change for the dealer to elect not to touch. Basically it doesn't matter if you don't feel it's a problem because neither you nor I can judge what's acceptable but it's clearly stated that only the Ford Performance kit or MP275 calibration and hardware are covered under the Ford Performance warranty, anything else isn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The low cell cat is still federally illegal and enough of a change for the dealer to elect not to touch. Basically it doesn't matter if you don't feel it's a problem because neither you nor I can judge what's acceptable but it's clearly stated that only the Ford Performance kit or MP275 calibration and hardware are covered under the Ford Performance warranty, anything else isn't.
Back to the initial question though. Had anyone got a Dyno chart?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back to the initial question though. Had anyone got a Dyno chart?

Sent from my SM-N950F using FF Mobile
I found one online after many Google fu searches it was posted on a person's blog if I get a chance to find it ill post a link.

·
Registered
814 Posts
^^ So that link shows 259whp/359wtq. Ford performance has a article on their website that states their tune lays down 263whp/350wtq. Seems like pretty similar numbers but the Ford performance tune carries a warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wow

Not bad numbers.
Im actually not thinking MR300 after seeing this today from here in Australia. Mountune Kit was on car probably MP275, they got 490nm out of it with stock exhaust and downpipe. Spoke to the guy today and he was saying that stock turbo can do this within its limits and is quite safe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry wont allow me to post yet until done 3 posts :( look on Youtube for MRT performance and 490NM! - Custom MRT Tuned Ford Focus ST

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^ So that link shows 259whp/359wtq. Ford performance has a article on their website that states their tune lays down 263whp/350wtq. Seems like pretty similar numbers but the Ford performance tune carries a warranty.
The MP275 tune carries the same warranty as the FRPP one..

·
Registered
814 Posts
The MP275 tune carries the same warranty as the FRPP one..
True. But, it doesn't put down the same numbers. Mountune claims 275 hp/296 tq. Personally, I'd rather have the torque. I have the Ford tune on my car now and love it. It's also a little less expensive. I got it on sale for $578 with the colder plugs, Ford ram air Intake and K&N airfilter. On a side note, I called the Ford Tech line and the guy told me the aftermarket downpipe would void the warranty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts