Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mountune low restriction intake

I didn't notice until last weekend that the Mountune parts were available in the USA for us. from what little I have read they're very popular across the pond and are working with Ford Racing to keep warranty on our cars, for those who care like myself.

The part that caught my attention is the low restriction intake (between the turbo and air intake)
Ford Racing part
#2363-CAIS-BA.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-low-restriction-intake-Focus-ST-Black-p/2363-cais-ba.htm

I haven't found any solid opinions online or even data to what type of power or response this gives. So what's your thoughts, other than get Cobb yada yada.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
it's a very nice piece. Not sure it makes a huge difference without tuning for it and their intercooler or any other intercooler. Combined with the FRPP intake tube to the grille it seems a nice pairing. Car still is on the stock calibration though. Most of my mods are for durability rather than increased performance at least prior to any tuning.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, it looks good. Not sure if I will get it or not. I guess if there is some solid info on the gains and if additional tuning for the part is needed. I didn't see anything other than
" mountune High Performance Induction kit will provide increased air flow, improved engine response, and power".
I do have the Ford Racing tune with CAI.

·
Registered
38 Posts
CFM Performance actually has the best bang for buck, IMO.

A combo deal on a non-name brand 3" intake tube (air box > turbo) and FRPP Snorkel/Filter setup for $298.

·
Registered
134 Posts
CFM Performance actually has the best bang for buck, IMO.

A combo deal on a non-name brand 3" intake tube (air box > turbo) and FRPP Snorkel/Filter setup for $298.
And the link is where?

The FRPP part is shit, just bend a license plate and buy a E-2993 filter for 49.95 Brother.

·
Registered
134 Posts
it's a very nice piece. Not sure it makes a huge difference without tuning for it and their intercooler or any other intercooler. Combined with the FRPP intake tube to the grille it seems a nice pairing. Car still is on the stock calibration though. Most of my mods are for durability rather than increased performance at least prior to any tuning.
Ford fills the K03. no need for a intake, just a license plate and E-2993. you dont need a intake unless you go for a K04 turbo and void your warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ford fills the K03. no need for a intake, just a license plate and E-2993. you dont need a intake unless you go for a K04 turbo and void your warranty.
Good luck with a K04. I have yet to see one done. I've seen Garrett GT series, Borg Warner EFR series and modified K03's on these, not one K04 yet.

Guy with the K03 is in Cali, the inducer/exducer are 6mm over, batmowheel exducer, 360° journal bearing upgrade and ported exhaust side for $750 from G Pop Shop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
And the link is where?

The FRPP part is shit, just bend a license plate and buy a E-2993 filter for 49.95 Brother.
$298 + shipping ~ http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...-Tube-for-2013-14-Focus-ST-ST250-723p4951.htm

Or if you just want less restriction and the 3" tube only.

$149.95 + shipping ~ http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepar...be-Kit-for-2013-14-Focus-ST-ST250-90p4076.htm

Not sure if we can link stuff to company pages if they aren't a dealer on here though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts