Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting a more open flow intake manifold to replace the more restrictive stock one that comes on the focus but the only one I can find is one that fits the st.
Is the st one anyone different than the na focus intake manifolds?

·
So mote be it
8,856 Posts
Well most ST owners dont even suggest swapping intake's for aftermarket ones. Just get a better flowing filter and call it a day. I like the green filter brand. Any of the actual cold air intakes for the ST wont work as our intake routes behind the engine and down to the turbo. I have Cobb's intake with a green filter, see how most of the intake would be worthless for you? Its just piping to the stock location.

Some others redesign the intake box area but i dont really see the cost being worth the gains, better flowing filter will do the same thing

That being said, some have swapped in the RS intake box:

It being a semi open design will get you some more intake noises :)

edit, after rereading, are you talking about the actual intake manifold and not a cold air intake? No, hardly anyone in the ST world runs an aftermarket one. The cost vs actual improvement isnt there. I should be pushing over 400whp and the stock intake manifold is not hurting me. The mountune one looks real nice though and would be cool if i wanted to go with a custom aux fuel setup.

there is a second company that makes one: Turbo Tech Racing Intake Manifold - Ford Focus ST 2.0L Turbo

I dont htink they fit non-ST's, our charged air comes up from below from our intercoolers where as yours just come from the side at the intake box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well most ST owners dont even suggest swapping intake's for aftermarket ones. Just get a better flowing filter and call it a day. I like the green filter brand. Any of the actual cold air intakes for the ST wont work as our intake routes behind the engine and down to the turbo. I have Cobb's intake with a green filter, see how most of the intake would be worthless for you? Its just piping to the stock location.

Some others redesign the intake box area but i dont really see the cost being worth the gains, better flowing filter will do the same thing

That being said, some have swapped in the RS intake box:

It being a semi open design will get you some more intake noises :)

edit, after rereading, are you talking about the actual intake manifold and not a cold air intake? No, hardly anyone in the ST world runs an aftermarket one. The cost vs actual improvement isnt there. I should be pushing over 400whp and the stock intake manifold is not hurting me. The mountune one looks real nice though and would be cool if i wanted to go with a custom aux fuel setup.

there is a second company that makes one: Turbo Tech Racing Intake Manifold - Ford Focus ST 2.0L Turbo

I dont htink they fit non-ST's, our charged air comes up from below from our intercoolers where as yours just come from the side at the intake box.
[/QUOT
Yes I meant the intake manifold and not the air intake. Alright so stock manifold is just fine then. I wasnt sure if it would really make a difference or not for a car that's na. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes I meant the intake manifold and not the air intake. Alright so stock manifold is just fine then. I wasnt sure if it would really make a difference or not for a car that's na. Thanks for the help
Nah....the intake manifold doesn't even come into play as a choke point until you're pushing over 650hp. At that point, the integrity of the block starts to become a consideration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah....the intake manifold doesn't even come into play as a choke point until you're pushing over 650hp. At that point, the integrity of the block starts to become a consideration.
Dang alright was really hoping to get something good out of one. Thanks for the help.🙂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts