1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
w/ my magic bag
29,394 Posts
Do they offer that for the ST's? 25hp w/ warranty.

·
Registered
72 Posts
"Mountune Focus RS kit adds 25 hp, preserves warranty"
Ford decides what is warranty and what is not. The burden of proof lies on me, the tech, to prove that the modification caused the damage. No aftermarket company can make that decision.

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
"Mountune Focus RS kit adds 25 hp, preserves warranty"
Ford decides what is warranty and what is not. The burden of proof lies on me, the tech, to prove that the modification caused the damage. No aftermarket company can make that decision.
When they partner with Ford and they put it in writing that it will be covered under their warranty, it surely helps.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/
Ford Performance and mountune Performance Packs and Components are warrantied for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., mountune LLC or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Ford even notates Mountune in their GSB for performance parts/mods

Attachments

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/14/ford-focus-rs-production-ends-heritage-edition/
The last 50 RS's off the line will be sold with the Mountune calibration... Sad to see the end of this gen RS already
The final 50 right-hand drive models from Ford's plant in Germany will be Heritage Editions. The car comes with a Quaife limited-slip differential and a dealer-fitted FPM375 Mountune upgrade. The upgrade adds a high-flow induction kit, uprated turbo recirculating valve and a new calibration to the 2.3-liter turbocharged inline-four. On overboost, the car will make 370 horsepower 376 pound-feet of torque, up from 350 horsepower and torque

·
Registered
142 Posts
When they partner with Ford and they put it in writing that it will be covered under their warranty, it surely helps.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/

Ford even notates Mountune in their GSB for performance parts/mods
I used your links & as of March 2018-

Looks like Ford Performance pulled their RS Tune-Pak from the warranty list.

Maybe it's on the job-sheet, but I bet if I was one of those w/ these Tune-Paks installed: I would be sure to guard that warranty sheet if there's warranty denial.

Now, there is only warranty coverage on the Focus ST & Fiesta ST Tune-Paks

Guessing 'cause of the head-gasket debacle

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
I used your links & as of March 2018-

Looks like Ford Performance pulled their RS Tune-Pak from the warranty list.

Maybe it's on the job-sheet, but I bet if I was one of those w/ these Tune-Paks installed: I would be sure to guard that warranty sheet if there's warranty denial.

Now, there is only warranty coverage on the Focus ST & Fiesta ST Tune-Paks

Guessing 'cause of the head-gasket debacle
interesting update, curious to see if they say why anywhere. I would assume previous customers would be still good?

·
Registered
142 Posts
interesting update, curious to see if they say why anywhere. I would assume previous customers would be still good?

That's what I was thinking too... I'm guessing if they have the original Ford-Performance Warranty sheet "in hand" they should be ok....

At one point I was considering a "pre-packaged tune"

But after reading on other forums regarding problems/damages/issues with their car after installing a performance tune from reputable companies, I have backed off for now....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts