Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know the mounting depth for the front and rear doors of the SVT ZX5 focus, or any limitations that would cause mounting of certain speakers to be a problem? Is there plenty of room in the doors? I have never taken off my door pannels so i want some advice from those of you that have how much space there is in there to work with. Im planning on building a custom 3/4'' MDF baffles for the front so i can fit some Crystal SSCS 6.5'' components. For the back i am probably going to just get some 5x7 components from Crystal. I aslo want to make sure my door pannel will fit back on once i put all this stuff in my door! On top of these speakers and custom mounts, i will aslo be sound deadning my doors, and i hear that may take up some space. Thanks!

Edit: The Crystals im looking at have a mounting depth of around 3.25'', which seems like a lot for a speaker. Like i said before, i will be adding custom 3/4'' thick MDF baffles to my doors plus sound deadning. Will these suckas fit?

Edit again: I just read that the doors have a 2.5'' mounting depth. If i fabricate 3/4'' baffles for my speakers with 3.25'' mounting depth will there be enough room to still put on my door pannel or will it stick out too far? Will the speaker actaully fit in the hole and will there be room left for some deflex pads? How about the power window?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i can answer the question about the fronts.. you are correct on the 3.25" depth. I used .5" spacers and it mounted fine. i dont see how another .25" would prevent it from mounting. The spacer has nothing to do with the deflex pads, as they have to mount behind the window. I also have the deflex pads and they mount fine. The only thing is GET GLUE! The deflex glue was crappy. I used silicone adhesive found at walmart/lowes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZackG said:
i can answer the question about the fronts.. you are correct on the 3.25" depth. I used .5" spacers and it mounted fine. i dont see how another .25" would prevent it from mounting. The spacer has nothing to do with the deflex pads, as they have to mount behind the window. I also have the deflex pads and they mount fine. The only thing is GET GLUE! The deflex glue was crappy. I
used silicone adhesive found at walmart/lowes. Hope this helps.

What is the mounting depth on the speakers that you used? No problems fitting the door pannel back on or the window rolling down?

·
Registered
114 Posts
3 inches i believe, but the site does not say what it is. the only problem i had with the window is routing the speaker wire to not get caught on it when it rolls down, but that was an easy fix.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 inches and you have room to spare? Awesome. Upon further inspection my speakers mounting depth is about ~3.1 inches so i guess they will fir with some baffles. Wicked.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I put a set of Kicker MB8s in the doors of my 03 Wagon. just needed a 3/4" baffle.

Tim

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing i found out that worries me a little bit about these speakers is the OD (outside diameter) is 7 1/4 i believe. Most speakers are somewhere around 6 or so. I need to trear down my door pannel and make sure they will fit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts