Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything off and cleared out of the way. I just have the 3 motor mounts still connected. Where is the best place to hoist the engine & trans to pull the mounts and to then drop the engine? There is the loop/ancor on the head by the cam gears. Where else should I tie to? There do not appear to be any other good points unless I wrap around the bell housing of the transmission.

Thanks for any pointers.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
there should be 2. the one on the rear passengers corner, and the other is bu the egr tube IIRC on the front drivers side of the motor. 2 anchor points is all you need!

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am not sure if I am seeing another spot or if I removed it when I pulled the EGR tube. This is what the other corner of the engine / engine bay looks like:

I just looked at the bracket that the EGR tube mounts to the cylinder head with (also is the base plate for the coil pack). It is only made of 3/16" plate and comes off the side of the head at a 90* angle. I would not put more than 50 lbs weight on the bracket before I would think it would bend.

Perhaps a strap around the transmission at the base where the bell housing starts to flair? Or can I attach to the driver side engine mount bracket that bolts to the transmission (if that is not the only way to remove the mount)?

Per my service manual (hope its OK to post picture, I believe it is not in violation of any copy right) it looks like there should be another loop in the other corner, but my engine since owning it as a second owner has never had that... removed by previous owner?

Thanks for the help.

Edit:
Sorry for all the pictures...
From looking on Google images and pulling another engine bay with the Zetec... Looks like I am missing a mount that the previous owner removed. I have the top left... dont have the lower right... Guess I should swing by the dealership and pick one up so I can mount at the right locations... dont want to drop the engine while lowering it...

Edit2:
Well looks like its cheaper to order it from a dealership out of state and have it shipped to me. Part # Yl8Z17A084BA, and there are only 2 available and I snatched up 1. Figured it would cost me $8.5 in gas to get to and from the auto junk yard, + a few dollars they charge for "cover", not to mention my time. so at min it would cost me $10-11 to pick up a junk yard one, or I can get a new one shipped to me for under $7. not to often that happens.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question on the Pull, I picked up some chain yesterday at HF which is technically a trailer chain but can hold 1250lbs... the engine block, head, and transmission don't weight more then that does it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts