Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum. I own an 06 Lx ford focus with 20000km on the clock. I have had the car for approx 4 months. i have notied a damp smell in the car since i got it. I have sniffed and felt everywhere and am struggling to find a source. When i turn on the vents it seems to come from there. has anybody got any ideas before i return the car to the dealer.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
US cars '05-'07 don't have a cabin filter...... but you could look in there anyway. It's under the passenger side cowl. If you only see a screen, you don't have a filter.

Sometimes an AC evaporator can get a moldy smell.....various chemicals from a car parts place can help.

Also.....if you have a leak somewhere, water can soak the carpets. The under-padding can stay damp and smelly for a long time. The carpet might feel dry on top however. Pull loose a section on the passenger side and check underneath.

Good luck....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Just get a new cabin filter containing active charcoal from the dealer and replace it , that takes care of this in most cases.

·
Registered
19 Posts
US cars '05-'07 don't have a cabin filter...... but you could look in there anyway. It's under the passenger side cowl. If you only see a screen, you don't have a filter.

Sometimes an AC evaporator can get a moldy smell.....various chemicals from a car parts place can help.

Also.....if you have a leak somewhere, water can soak the carpets. The under-padding can stay damp and smelly for a long time. The carpet might feel dry on top however. Pull loose a section on the passenger side and check underneath.

Good luck....
the guy's from Ireland -most probably he has a filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts