Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I’m new to the community and have a 2012 Ford Focus SEL sadan and want to sport it out because my motor and Trans Are Done and Need to be replaced. Can I swap it for a more HP motor without Welding and Re fabricating the mounts? Any suggestions to motor?

·
Registered
54 Posts
The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is if you’re asking like you did you need to do a lot of homework.

Please don’t take this as me being hard on you. The reason I say this is that there is more to an engine and transmission swap than simply pulling them out and putting in another that fits. The computer, sensors, wiring accessories, etc all come into play. Hence why you need to do homework.

Also making power is more than just swapping and engine or putting on an air filter, headers etc. Yes those things affect power, but if you do the homework and learn what parts make power where you’ll find that you’ll have a much more enjoyable car to drive.

i know, I’ve done bolt ons. I’ve built complete engines for Mustangs. Some ran great others were pigs.

How about telling us what you have and What you want to do? Also do you have a budget?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts