Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rodney may be doing a motor swap from the SPI to the Zetec for his sedan. I have some buddies that know of some shops.

I am just wondering if anyone here would recommend a shop to do a good job for decent price.

Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Tim where did he find the motor? He needs to make sure he has EVERYTHING.

Brian has a guy that can do it cheap from what i was told.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
SlimShady said:
Tim where did he find the motor? He needs to make sure he has EVERYTHING.

Brian has a guy that can do it cheap from what i was told.

Yup, figure on being without a car for a couple weeks, he is good, but he does motor work on the side so his real job takes priority. He used to build drag bikes for a living, but now he is a computer network engineer. He cant do anything till AFTER fun ford weekend (sept 15-17).

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Rodney could get him a motor and he could build it out, and then when he is ready he can drop the car off and let him put it in. That way he is only out of a car for maybe a week + couple weekends.
[confused]

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I am going to check out the local yards this weekend with him. And then if nothing turns up, try www.focussalvage.com....but shipping would be ridiculous...but I know they would have everything included.

Thanks and if you could get a number to that guy you guys recommend, I would appreciate it.

Hey, I am having a couple friends over this Sat. evening after we come back from taking the kids swimming. Madden 07 party pretty much. If anyone wants to come and drink/eat for a spell, give me a pm.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Tim if you happen to find 2 of them, can you plz pull one for me. Ill pay for it. PLZ bro, i need to get rid of this damn SPI. the thing is driving me nutz.

Tim send me a PM of ur cell number

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yall just need to goto a junkyard, find a wrecked focus with a zetec and buy the whole damn car.

It should cost less than 1000, and that way you get EVERYTHING you could possibly need. Then you also have a parts car you can pick and choose what you want, and whatever you dont want Im sure you could sell on the boards and make up a little money back. This is the most fianancially feasible option in my own humble opinion.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^thats what I suggest also. Ryan I just pm'd you my cell number, I am going to take him out there this Sat morning before it gets hot.

1) We are going to the Ford junkyards off Loop12 in Arlington (Grand Prairie?) and look for some motors already pulled. Then if no go, look at the ones in East Dallas.

2) Look for an entire car with the running engine. Rear end totals hopfully are out there. But then he would have to pay someone to do the tricky stuff.

3) Look on the boards for a used engine already pulled. Shipping is gonna bite.

4) Most places don't let you pul the engines anymore though, but if I find a complete motor with wiring and ecu....then I will look for two and let you know.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Any luck tim?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, he found a built motor in Ft. Worth Friday afternoon. Has been bored and had pistons and rods upgraded. Should net about 45hp more than a stock SPI from what he was told? Any info?

·
Registered
891 Posts
is another SPI or a Zetec build up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts