Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to install these? I bought some and i need to know where they are and ect. ... if there is a site that can give me directions that would be great too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, dude. The mounts are what the engine is mounted to. Unless you have one of those heavy duty jacks that is used for lifting engines, they this will have to be installed professionally. It is too much work for DIY.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
angrybeef said:
Yeah, dude. The mounts are what the engine is mounted to. Unless you have one of those heavy duty jacks that is used for lifting engines, they this will have to be installed professionally. It is too much work for DIY.
this install takes about an hr with the inserts...and about a half hr if you have the FS dogbone mount...take a jack, jack up the car...

then...
put jackstands on the inner of the control arm at the bushings (facing in from wheel towards the motor...like a triange..."trying to give you an idea")
once under the car take a look towards the back of the transmission for something that looks like a dogbone..
now take your jack and jack the arm to the bottom of the drivetrain to a point where it moves up just a bit...now go remove the bolts on the mount bracket
get a heatgun or drill and remove the old bushings
lube up the new bushings and either press them or use a rubber mallet with a flat surface to get them into place...make the rim around the bushings do not break off...cause that holds the bushing in place...
bolt back up and do everything in reverse...

to let you know the idle will be pretty nasty at times.

ps: when people say motor mounts on here, they mean lower trans dogbone mount...there aren't any aftermarket driver and passenger side motor mounts for our car.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Whats the point of adding those motor mounts? Same with like all those aftermarket suspension bushings, your car already has those, why change them?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
because they are much stiffer...less engine movement, able to actually put the power to the ground quicker...also, on a few modified foci...when you go to second to bang the gear...well you hear a loud bang, thank god this gets rid of that...but

euro, if you have ever seen how much the motor moves while on a dyno...u would want the inserts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah the stock monts are made of rubber and like youve heard, are way too soft for a modified engine. i actually just got mine from FC today and am waiting for tomorrow to install them. does anybody know of maybe a diagram or list of instructions? my dad has the engine lifts cause he has a 48' Ford so car tools arent on the "need" list. but yeah anything?

·
Registered
793 Posts
what about the same thing, but the suspension mounts, it just makes everything stiffer or what?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
EuroZX3Focus said:
what about the same thing, but the suspension mounts, it just makes everything stiffer or what?
correct.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts