Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah mine are toast I'm thinking. I can really feel shite move around when I shift and I can squeeze the passanger side one with my fingers! I'm new to FWD and don't even know where the otherones are hiding or how many there are for that matter! but anyway. I was wondering what the best way to go for my 2.0 Duratec (manual) would be? I have seen the VFs but they are pricey, don't have ALL the mounts AND they are seperate. does anyone sell a kit or something??

Thanks

Jake

·
Registered
930 Posts
You can get the rear motor mount inserts. They are like $20 from Newedge, Jegs, etc. You will need a vise to remove the stock bushings from the stock mount. It will take around 1-2hrs if you take your time and you will need a jack, jack stands, a vise, a rubber mallet, a flat head screw driver, and various sockets.

You will have to remove a metal bracket on the transaxle by the motor mount in order to more easily remove the rear motor mount. Do a search cause there is a how to on installing a VF mount, and it will be the same except you will be removing stock bushings and installing poly ones, then reinstalling the stock mount. Can't remember the address of the how to, but there is one here somewhere...or maybe on focaljet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K I'm confused. the only ones on Jegs say 2000-2004! and the ones on newedge just say "ZeTEc" I'm not shure whats interchangable and whats not. It also looks like I can't get all them for the 05. What ES inserts can I get? and what are part numbers for my manual 2.0 Duratec. sorry if I sound like a moron but I don't want to get ones for a Zetec or SVT or something and they don't fit! Are there any cheeper mounts for the Duratec 2.0. and another dumb question. Its hard enough to find parts for an 05 but this doesn't help. I have seen a few parts sites saying 2003 2.0/2.3 Duratec in a Focus. and I didn't think the focus got the Duratecs untill 05!! are 03 and 05 duratec mounts the same?!?! Its so confusing trying to find parts for an 05 2.0!!!

Jake

·
Registered
930 Posts
They fit. It is the same part across the zetec/svt/duratec.

·
Registered
930 Posts
yep. not a hard install either, just takes a little time.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
i dont think the passenger side mount is the same unless I'm mistaken....I know the transmission one is, and I dont know what the other one is called, so...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yeah the only one I messed with (the one that has the most issues) is the rear mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts