Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just bought a 2006 ZX3 that has bad mounts. From searching the internet, it appears the chinese/part store quality mounts are junk. Thus, I've been searching for OEM mounts but am having a hard time figuring out exactly what I need. Does anyone know the part numbers of these 3 mounts? Are the mounts below what I need? Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm getting conflicting info and need to make sure I'm buying the right parts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure about links on OEM ones but for the lower dogbone mount I'd suggest popping the old rubber bushings out and putting Poly bushings in. Only cost me $30 and about 2 hours all together. Makes rowing through gears much smoother

·
Registered
980 Posts
2006 2.0L Duratec manual trans Ford OEM pns:
Front mount (passenger side): 5S4Z-6038-BB
Torque mount (dogbone): 5S4Z-6068-BA
Transmission mount: 5S4Z-7M121-A

I am not a Ford dealer - please double check before purchasing

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2006 2.0L Duratec manual trans Ford OEM pns:
Front mount (passenger side): 5S4Z-6038-BB
Torque mount (dogbone): 5S4Z-6068-BA
Transmission mount: 5S4Z-7M121-A

I am not a Ford dealer - please double check before purchasing

Good luck
Paul
Thanks. Those are the part numbers I came up with too. However, some sites say that some of them aren't compatible. It's confusing.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You can go to Tascaparts.com, enter vehicle information, then enter the part numbers provided by Paul and they will verify the correct part numbers before shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went OEM for the top 2 mounts and got the Massive SS Bushing kit for the dogbone. Top mounts were no problem. However, I can't get the dogbone back in after installing the purple Massive bushing. They are much larger than the OEM I pulled out. Several hours of frustration later, I feel like I wasted my money. Gonna search for an OEM dogbone I guess.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I went OEM for the top 2 mounts and got the Massive SS Bushing kit for the dogbone. Top mounts were no problem. However, I can't get the dogbone back in after installing the purple Massive bushing. They are much larger than the OEM I pulled out. Several hours of frustration later, I feel like I wasted my money. Gonna search for an OEM dogbone I guess.
It took a bunch of wiggling and pushing and pulling on the motor to get my Massive Dogbone installed. did mine in a shop on a lift and still took us almost an hour and a half with 2 of US. it's well worth getting it wiggled into place. it DOES fit even though it looks like it doesn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately, it's just me, my garage, and a trolley jack! I can get the big, rear facing bushing in, but spent hours hopelessly trying to line up the smaller, front side one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
you referring to lining up the bolt hole thats horizontal in the dogbone?

*IF* i remember right we got the rear bolt in first but NOT tightened all the way, than then used a jack under the front of the dogbone and carefully spun it up til it was close and then used a screwdriver to line up the hole perfectly , adjusted the jack to hold it right there and then shove bolt thru and tighten by hand to make sure you dont cross thread it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts