Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the motor mounts the same for the 5 speed manual as they are on the automatics?

I've just done the sway bar links to get rid of my banging sounds, now I want to do the mounts to get rid of the vibration.

Out of all of the Fords I have owned, this generation appears to be the most welcoming to work on so looking to save a few hundred dollars by doing it myself for a change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well I'm willing to bet that most of the vibration is coming from the front engine mount on the passenger side. I've replaced just that mount for customers and was able to resolve their vibrations. I haven't replaced the other mounts unless something failed on those, but I've always replaced that front engine mount.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Amazon

this is the one I bought. Still working great after 30k miles. Most will say to go OEM, so YMMV. This install did require me to lift the engine just a little higher and move it forward a little. We're talking 1/2" in both directions, at most. To me, it was worth the shot to go cheap. Can always get OEM if it fails. The install is incredibly easy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my first port of call. If it ain't broke...

Just got to find me a proper jack to support the lump now!

I'm looking at going Ford OE for the part as I'm not convinced by aftermarket parts for this part. Plus seems to be limited on what I can get this side of Canada apparently. Napa wants almost as much as Ford does for their non OE part so I'll just go Ford!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good news! 33 Canadian rupees, 30 minutes of bending and banging, a pack of beer and a few swear words later and I have a new passenger mount fitted.

The car feels like a different car to drive! The interior vibration and noise has gone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts