Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passenger side motor mount went out on me. Im going to replace it with a poly one and im going to get the inserts. But if i am replacing one side with the poly should i just go ahead and replace the driver side as well. Im only asking because i wish i didnt have to spend all that money for both.

·
Registered
478 Posts
yup, and the rear mount too

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You don't have to do them all at once. And be aware that if you do all three with poly you're going to end up with vibrations and may need a tune to raise the idle speed to smooth things out.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
mvhudson said:
You don't have to do them all at once. And be aware that if you do all three with poly you're going to end up with vibrations and may need a tune to raise the idle speed to smooth things out.
um... no. i agree that you do not have to ride with all 3 poly mounts but i can attest that even with all three the vibrations are not very bad. i can honestly say that and i even have a rough idle. but if you are replacing the passenger mount and have not yet replaced the rear mount i would at least do that one as well. you'll love yourself for it later.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
personally if you dont race your car i wouldnt really suggest all 3 because of the cost. i would say that if you do not race it i would try to find an oem pass. side mount and fork over the money for the poly rear mount anyways.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
the poly ones are stiffer and therefore do not absorb the vibrations like the stock rubber ones. thats why im saying if you dont race the car i wouldnt get it. however i think everyone should get the poly rear mount... even though i broke mine last weekend... im calling my car the "torque king" now....

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
do they sell inserts for the passenger side mount? or if you are talking about the inserts in the rear mount then idk. from what i understand people have had problems with those coming out somehow. you could always look into getting the Mac Snubber with is just another version of the rear mount which is less costly.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
I can attest that replacing all three mounts produces a ton of vibration. I have VF all the way around.

Even replacing the lower mount with an insert will yield a fair amount of vib into the car.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
Goat Roper said:
I can attest that replacing all three mounts produces a ton of vibration. I have VF all the way around.

Even replacing the lower mount with an insert will yield a fair amount of vib into the car.
i'm guessing this is kind of a hit and miss kinda thing because mine does not vibrate very badly at all. and i too have all 3. but granted your motor is pushing quite a bit more power than mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.