Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side mirror and steering wheel vibrates quite a bit around idle and up to about 1.5k - 2k rpms. I am 99% sure its the motor mount. I have read many posts on them and still had the following question.

I don't want to pay for the vf engineering mounts (I know I'm cheap) but I don't want the Anchor products that seem to have awful ratings and need replacing within a year. I was wondering are there any other aftermarket motor mounts that are in between the prices and will have a long life? I have not found the vf engineering mount cheaper than about 145 and I have found the anchor part for 20 bucks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You can buy another set of mounts from Ford, price should be in between the two you listed. Check with your local dealer or google tousleyfordparts they have pretty good prices.

I used an anchor mount last year and it worked fine but I was also planning to get a new car this year so I wasn't concerned with a long term fix.

·
Registered
228 Posts
there is a member on here that makes and sells the torque strut mount...I am thinking of getting one........his name is hEaT

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Well, you can buy just the poly urethane rubber that goes into the mounts and replace your current bad mounts with just the rubber. Would save money there.

But now, if you like a comfortable ride that shakes some at idle, I wouldn't recommend the poly mounts at all.

I would just say get the standard ones from Ford and enjoy the SVT Focus as a daily.
I believe they are around 30 bucks a mount for the Ford ones.

-Ray-

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for all the info! I think I might go the route of inserting polyurethane into my stock components. I don't mind the vibration I just figure if I am going to live with the vibration I might as well have more performance inspired parts while doing so. I could only find the polyurethane inserts for the rear engine mount. The one shown below.

Can you get the polyurethane rubber inserts for the other mounts?

Thanks,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well, you can buy just the poly urethane rubber that goes into the mounts and replace your current bad mounts with just the rubber. Would save money there.

-
I have the same question.....can you get the inserts for the other 2 mounts also?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts