Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On New Edge Performance I saw Urethane Motor mount replacement bushings...Could i just buy those and slap them in the stock motor mount instead of buying a complete motor mount. Or do you think the stock wouldnt be able to handle the pressure and break...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
the energy suspension bushing ARE prothane. i put the bushings on. the only diff. about the bushings and the whole wishbone (ie. focussport) is they are bi**hes to put in. its a 20-30 minute job with the wishbone, but it took me 3 hours (imcompetant) to put the bushings in. to me my hard work is much more affordable than the whole wishbone.

so in other words there will be no "slapping" them on. but work at it and youll have the same thing.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
getting the old ones out is is fun, and putting the new ones in is easy

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
haha, Jeff do you know if the new wishbone is better over the stock one any? im guessing not except the color, and how much more Tq to the ground does the passenger mount give? if any...

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
well i was thinking when i do the head, while im overe there, might as well

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you guys think its a good idea...I have the torch to torch em out...makes more sense to buy buy 20 dollar bushings then to buy 100 dollar mount..

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
If you're apprehensive about burning them out you can also try using a bench vise if you have one to press them out. Place a small socket on one side and a larger socket on the other (one big enough to press the bushing into) slowly tighten up the vise and it should pop out. The other option is to take it to a machine shop if you have one close by. They'll press it out easily and shouldn't charge you over 5.00 or so.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
f that, just use a screwdriver, anger and a bfh. after 10 minutes, your mounts r free and clear.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah ill just do that bench vise idea... i have access to one, better then wastin the gas for the torch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had my mechanic do it and he pressed them out......then pressed the new energy suspension bushing in....works good....you get a little vibration in first gear starting off.
Worthwhile mod I'd say.
It feels more torq-y and gear shifter is notchier .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Urethene Energy

Yes..your price is $18.00 US.
Don't be suprised by the little extra vibration you'll get.
Let me know what its like once you get it on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts