Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Can anyone tell me more about Mothers Back to Black? I picked some up the other day, and applied it to my trim. Problem was, it kept getting on the car. I used water and a rag to remove it quickly, but then water got on the trim I just coated. Did I wash it off when it got wet? This stuff is great, but what's the best way to apply it? Should it be done after the wax or before, and how long does it last? Do I need to try and wipe it off the paint immediately, or can I come back to it later?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I use a rubber/trim treatment after waxing.
In most cases, it will disolve the wax from the trim..., so if you get it on the paint a rewax will be needed.

I use cotton balls or a small square sponge(very thin)to apply.
Just be carefull and take your time and it works great:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast heads up. I guess I'm playing hooky today...gotta go and get me the jumbo pack of cotton balls at Wal-Mart !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again for the tip Waynestwels! The Cotton Balls worked but I went to Hobby Lobby and got a 3/8" sponge dabber for like .33, put some Mothers BtB in a coffee cup and was able to do the trim faster and get all the little nooks and crevices with the wedge shaped dabber.

Now I have to simply rewax along the trim!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Glad to help out:)
While you are "detailing" and going to the "paint department", you might want to try this for your dash.

Pick up a mini paint wand with a curved handle. It works great for getting in the tight places on the dash without spearing the windshield.
It looks like a small thin pad and is replacable..., it is all I use for applying "dash dressing" in tight places:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just noticed your site and was wondering the Special#2. My only question about investing in towels is that I don't know how to clean them, after they've been used. I threw the old T-Shirt rag I used in buffing the dash and trim and the other rags used in cleaning my car. The reason why is that came out of the wash pretty nasty and far from being soft.

Are there significant advantages to the towels on your site? I would like to purchase a cloth cleaning "kit" if I could use them more than once. Most of the rags I used, I soaked and then threw in to the washing machine. None of them came out reusable, except maybe to clean my rims or apply conditioner to the tires.

I am using Megiars Natural Shine, and of course Mother's Back to Black. I figure I'd have to throw away any towel I used in the waxing of my car, but I'd like to keep whatever one I use to buff and polish. Is this possible with the towels you have?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I include instructions for the best performance of the towels with every "first order".
I have been using some of the same towels for YEARS with no decrease in performance.
The advantages are too numerous to mention all of them..., but here is a short list...,

Microfiber Benefits

• Microfiber is hypoallergenic, thus not creating problems with those suffering from allergies or asthma.

• Microfiber is super absorbent, absorbing over 7 times it’s weight in water
The two main factors which make microfiber so absorbent are the thinness of the fibers combined with the split wedge shaped fiber construction, creating a rapid capillary action to absorb fluids as well as a massive surface area which can hold much greater quantities of liquid.

• Microfiber dries in 1/3 the time of ordinary cleaning towels.

• Microfiber is environmentally friendly.

• Microfiber is over 4 times more effective than ordinary cleaning towels.

• "Quality" Microfiber is totally lint free and non-abrasive.

Microfiber fabric is used to make a variety of cleaning implements such as
multi-purpose towels, window towels, polishing towels and drying towels,
"Quality" Microfiber non-abrasive and cleans all kind of surfaces.
The fiber is woven into thousands of loops, creating a huge surface area, which trap bacteria, dust, dirt and grease.

How Microfiber Cleans-
When microfiber fabric is dry it cleans by static electricity and when used wet
it cleans by capillary force. As static and capillary forces do most of the
cleaning work, the use of chemicals is minimized. Microfiber cloths don’t
disinfect the surfaces that they clean; rather, they leave the surface virtually
free of any foreign material.

When microfiber cloths are dry they are primarily used for dusting; buffing and polishing, however, when wet, they are more appropriate for cleaning. To wet a surface for cleaning, a spray bottle is used to apply a fine mist of water. This is very efficient as the cloths do most of the cleaning work. Microfiber cloths basically ‘grab’ and ‘hold’ all foreign material until they are laundered.

Cleaning with microfiber is simple, efficient and effective.
"Quality" Microfiber is the cleaning system on the new Millinium!!

Micro Fiber
Micro Fiber is a special construction of microfiber that forces
thousands of fiber points deep into surface areas. With minimum effort, these
fiber points break down the heavy dirt and grease and lift it deep within the
fiber like a magnet. This allows you to continuously clean without spreading
dirt and grease to other areas.

If towel becomes too soiled, wash in your favorite detergent but NEVER use
any type of fabric softener or bleach as it may cause the towel to be less effective.
Wash Microfiber seperately, you do not want to invite lint into the towels from "regular laundry".
I do not recommend drying in the dryer, hang drying keeps the towels lasting longer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info! Being a newbie, I apologize if I'm asking questions that hae been asked before. Sounds like microfiber has a definate advantage!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts