Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im still thinkin about boosting and i like the fact that SC are relyable but i like the potential of turbos. Are there any turbo kits that are totally relyable like the jackson or powerworks SC is? thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's all in the tune Bro. S/C or turbo, with a good tune will last the life of your car with normal maintannce. I like Vortech my self, but their are a couple realy good Turbo companies out thier, and a few guys in here are running thier set ups. They'll chime in.

EDIT: This guy has a real nice set up...
03OrangeSVT
Powerworks I think

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^ he's right about that. it's all about how you run it. usually it's not that a turbo or sc goes out or something, anyone who offers them most likely knows what they're doing when they put them together. it's usually what the turbo does o your engine that could become a problem.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
....could you define relyable??? Why is your perception that SC is more reliable than a turbo?

SHADOWRUNNER- It's not what the turbo does to your engine ...It's what YOU or your tuner does to your engine...

·
FF Affiliate
30,879 Posts
bruinsh said:
Are there any turbo kits that are totally relyable like the jackson or powerworks SC is? thanks
I know just as many people with issues with the jrsc and pw than a turbo , There is NO 100% reliable power added

Tom

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
bruinsh said:
ok im still thinkin about boosting and i like the fact that SC are relyable but i like the potential of turbos. Are there any turbo kits that are totally relyable like the jackson or powerworks SC is? thanks
EITHER is equally reliable....Each is a mechanical means to force atmosphere into your engine....Just that one shoves MORE ....

The REAL issue is how you drive your new found power... [driving] [idea]...& who sets it up/and how...

·
Registered
210 Posts
lol, oh nice.

To the poster, again, like I said up top. It's all in the tune.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
HalfTime said:
EDIT: This guy has a real nice set up...
03OrangeSVT
Powerworks I think
Close.. I run a semi custom TURBO kit

COSDEVSVT is running the POWERWORKS...... another poor soul that has succumbed to the DREADED CompOrange Curse[:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts