Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it reads. When I say practical I mean in regards to normal day-to-day driveability and ease of installation. Meaning you dont have to modify the car beyond being able to put it back stock if need be, atleast on anything big.

I've had my eye on the PowerWorks kit for a while and am considering saving up for it. It generates so much more power than the Jackson, according to advertisements, I would like feedback from anyone who has there SVT SCed. Seems like with what you can spend on all the bolt ons for keeping the car NA you can get way more power for only a bit more money going FI. Thanx for everyones comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really. hmm, only place I have seen online where you can buy it is on the CFM website. They have a picture there and it takes up the entire space where the battery and stock air box sit. Where does the battery go when you have that setup??

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^Thats not the way to go?? wouldn't you want that bad boy intercooler on there? or is it a pain to setup/maintain?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tom ..

What are your feelings on The New Focus Sport Turbo Kit With Stage 2 intercooled
For a ever day Car.

Sorry to get off topic

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I'm actually still deciding between the powerworks and procharger myself, but they both seem like good, practical kits that make good power. I guess it's just a matter of where you want the power, from what I hear the procharger doesnt really do a whole lot till like 4k rpm (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), and I'd imagine the power works would get going in lower rpms.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Both kits are good for daily driving right? I mean they aren't to crazy to handle under normal drving conditions. Thats what I want, to be able to have a focus daily driver than can smoke a normal SRT4 but still be able to drive smoothly the rest of the time.

Also Tom, with the prochager kit what do you do with the battery? I would think I would want the cooler setup with it, which someone said thats what takes up the space of the battery. Thanx for all the response so far.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The battery stays right where it is with the Procharger. The kit you are thinking of is the Vortech, that relocates the battery, and I have heard that it is very difficult to install. The Procharger was easy to install, but I ran into a few problems with my install with the spacers, but I have heard that it is a common problem, and Procharger will send you different spacers to test fit them. The only thing I dont like ( just like everyone else) is the intercooler location. But that will change soon.[:p] Also it is good for daily driving because it is easy to stay out of boost to keep the gas mileage up.

Heres some pics of the set up.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Does the procharger kit have the option of a front mounted intercooler and do you have to cut and chop to do so ?

·
Registered
965 Posts
nope the intercooler is under the car. I dont believe there is any cutting involved at all for the install of that kit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The kit is all bolt on. But the intercooler is only under the car, there is no option for a front mount, you have to make it yourself.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
The ProCharger is my SC of choice, that is what I will get when I have enough $$$.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is gonna sound noobish but wheres a good place to pick up the ProCharger from??

·
Registered
441 Posts
you can get ahold of mcnews on that one and with the procharger you should be able to almost use all the stock piping for a front mount kit with just a little modification. all you would need to do is buy a fmic and then mess around with the piping a little and it should all work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The last Powerworks install v8focus1 did took about 9 hrs. My SVT's drivability is better than stock. My wife drives it to work everyday. It still gets about 32mpg out on the road, and about 25mpg average daily driving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts