Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
hmmm I would think that NH (in addition to Maine) also has more subarus. They are all over the place

·
Registered
151 Posts
There're a bazillion Subarus running up and down the Front Range of CO. Everyone is convinced they need AWD.
(What's funny is that once you get out on the Colorado prairies where they easily have as much snow, but less timely removal, folks are driving plain, old FWD cars. ;)

Reactions: Brindfan

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Some surprises here. ...
I am surprised that the Nissan Leaf has not yet overtaken the Honda Accord in California. In my neigborhood I see a new one parked in someone's driveway about once a month. In a two mile walk there is always at least one parked within my line of sight, and another driving by on the road. As one goes out of view, another appears.

It had been that way for the Toyota Prius for years, but that seems to be leveling off. It's also amazing how many (mucho $) Tesla S sedans I see on the road -- at least two, and often three or four, in the same two-mile walk. (Maybe being two miles from the factory has something to do with that.)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Since I like up here in Wash. now, seems like I need to be checking out a Scooby sti? For some reason they really hold their value.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Since I like up here in Wash. now, seems like I need to be checking out a Scooby sti? For some reason they really hold their value.
Yea they do. Great cars. I'd be all over a scooby but 20 (almost 21) years old + scooby insurance isn't my kinda math lol.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea they do. Great cars. I'd be all over a scooby but 20 (almost 21) years old + scooby insurance isn't my kinda math lol.
What yrs? & model?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd have to go for a ej257 motor.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
What yrs? & model?
Any 04+ sedan. Really like the last gen wrx. Has a stealthy look without the look at me spoiler. I've seen a couple 15s. Look alittle funny but still want one.

But honestly I've never driven a newer one. Drove an 02 (I think) wrx but it was automatic.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Any 04+ sedan. Really like the last gen wrx. Has a stealthy look without the look at me spoiler. I've seen a couple 15s. Look alittle funny but still want one.

But honestly I've never driven a newer one. Drove an 02 (I think) wrx but it was automatic.
That'd be the bug eye='02-'03.

For the older ones, I like the hawk eye models ('06-'07) Or a '08-'10 & in '11 the sedans came back & then went w/ the pillow ball mounts for the front arms. For any sedan I'd yard that big spoiler off. In '11 they changed out the front bumper.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would have thought that in Florida the Honda Civic was king (although the Toyota Corolla would be a close second). Compact cars are king here. As a teenager it was almost a right of passage to get a civic and trick them out.

Behind the corolla and civic is the elantra then the mazda 3. CUVs are also big here.

Ford dominates the rentals. [shameful]

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would have thought that in Florida the Honda Civic was king (although the Toyota Corolla would be a close second). Compact cars are king here. As a teenager it was almost a right of passage to get a civic and trick them out.

Behind the corolla and civic is the elantra then the mazda 3. CUVs are also big here.

Ford dominates the rentals. [shameful]
The map is pretty accurate from the 2 states I've lived in. Not sure why Chevy's are so popular in MN....

Up here in CFL, I see tons of Corollas/Toyota's. Way more than Honda's surprisingly.

After driving a brand-new 2015 rental Camry last week, I'm officially not impressed with Toyota. The car had no personality, it was noisy, uncomfortable and poor fit-and-finish on the interior. Yet it's the #1 selling car in the US? [???:)] [scratch]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
After driving a brand-new 2015 rental Camry last week, I'm officially not impressed with Toyota. The car had no personality, it was noisy, uncomfortable and poor fit-and-finish on the interior. Yet it's the #1 selling car in the US? [???:)] [scratch]
My brother had a Camry rental last week as well and this is exactly how he described it to me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My brother had a Camry rental last week as well and this is exactly how he described it to me.
If anything, makes me feel better about my observations on how a car feels to me. [8D] [thumb]

To further tarnish the Japanese reputation, we went out with some friends this weekend, and he insisted he drive. He has a 2014 Civic with 15k miles on it. I didn't test drive the Civic when I bought my Focus, so I went along with it to form an opinion. He had a sunroof, and the head-room was identical to the Focus (a little low for me). The seats were slightly more comfortable than the Camry (less comfortable than the Focus), it sounded/felt like it had a CVT transmission. The only cool thing the car had was the dual-LCD screens in the dash, one up by the speed-o (had radio/bluetooth info, odometer, etc) and the big screened radio.

I should've insisted I drive the Focus. There's always next time...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Seems to me that Nissan Altima's are a dime a dozen here in Western Upstate NY.
I don't really care for those^^^^^ Seems like Nissan is behind since they dropped the last good spec-v (06) the newer ones don't do it until the gtr showed up,,,,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts