Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, my 07 ZX3 only has a little over 10k on it. I want to hear from the guys that have 70k plus on thier Duratecs. I just want to know what I can expect from my engine in the long run. How they hold up, how long they last. What kind of maintainance you have done, altenator, fuel pump gone bad or anything else. So let's hear it guys, how many miles do you have on your Duratec engine?! MM [cheers]

·
Registered
418 Posts
54k on mine (15k of those driven by me). Some electrical gremlins, but nothing major. A couple fuses gone bad without any warning or evidence why.

I did have to have my intake manifold runner control valve replaced right after I bought it, but I guess there was a crack in it already, and my buddy leaned into my engine bay and put enough pressure on it to snap it.

Otherwise, been an awesome motor. 2.3L PZEV.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have a 05 zx4 , that has 76,000 on it so far since i had it i had a bad o2 sensor and pcv valve hose had a hole in it and just had the fuel pump replaced last week , other than that its been going strong

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
There's a new guy, (xracerbob), that posted on the General forum, that has 154,000+ on his '05 ST. He says it still has the original brakes and clutch.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
^^^ just saw that myself...thats crazy

·
Banned
894 Posts
bryst06 on FJ (don't remember his name on here, might be the same) has quite a few miles on his 06 ST, most of them are with the FocusSport turbo.

This was a post of his from the end of October...
bryst06 said:
Just rolled 90,000 miles on my 2006 ST

Car has been turboed for the last 72,000 miles

Cant wait to JOIN the 100,000 mile CLUB

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Sitting at 74k.
I haven't had any problems that weren't my fault.
I've got some annoying cabin rattles, but that's probably my fault too... Blame the subwoofer...

·
Registered
144 Posts
same here only 57k but i hear alot of cabin rattles now which i blame on the sub

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I got around 31,000 on my 06 zx4 2.0 and the only prob I have is that the water pump died. Don't know if it was my fault or what but that was it.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
61,000 miles in 04 2.3L PZEV

clutch/master cyl went out at 6k
PCV hose ripped
my starter has been going out for probably 30,000 miles, its starting to get bad now

thats all i can think of

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
83K on an '04 2.3 PZEV. 1 CEL caused by a shorted wire (warranty), one fried cruise control unit (non-warranty). Doing pretty good so far ; )

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 2004 zx3 is at 87,xxx miles and I have had no major problems. I think it has the original fuel filter, which I need to change, because it's starting to get some slow starts. But it still runs perfect, and like I said, haven't had any major problems, since I've owned the last 2 years, at least.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
^^those only last about 25k...

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Just 27,500 on my '07 ZX3, no problems.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts