Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new shift knob. I love the one I already have because it's a freaking Storm Trooper head but it's not very comfortable and slips out of my hand going to second and fourth. So what is the best and most comfortable shift knob out there? Throw me your opinions and links!

[driving]
[bootyshake]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The stock '05-'07 st knob. I like that better then a few aftermarket ones.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I have, and have for some time, a B&M T Handle on mine. Had to rethread the lever for 1/2x20, but I have no complaints about it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a gunmetal Blox shifter ball. Nice and heavy. Love it.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Summit has a Hurst T handle that fits our cars.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
143 Posts
Love it!
At first I was having problems down shifting in to 2nd because of the armrest. Got it down pat now. Getting 3rd gear wheel spin.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love it!
At first I was having problems down shifting in to 2nd because of the armrest. Got it down pat now. Getting 3rd gear wheel spin.
does it have the reverse lock?

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
I have a newer oem mustang shift knob since the shift pattern is the same as the svt

·
Registered
15 Posts
You could always cut your shifter down and re-thread it.. I mean you could buy a tap anddie set and cutting tools for the price of a short shifter kit. Unless you are actually shortening the links

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So this came in today. I paid about $12 for it off of DHgate and it's surprisingly good. The material could be softer but the feel is still wonderful. I recommend. Even if it breaks or whatever, it's only a $12 dollar investment rather than a $100 authentic MOMO knob. Haha

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the advantage of the heavy shifters?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts