Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That one makes the "glass packs" sound quiet.

5-7 db reduction over an open header is the advertising claim.

I would bet on less noise reduction when mounted after a CAT, as it's no longer the primary noise reducing item. "Spin" the exh. through a chamber would affect unrestricted exh. from an open header more IMHO as it evens out the pulses.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That one makes the "glass packs" sound quiet.

5-7 db reduction over an open header is the advertising claim.

I would bet on less noise reduction when mounted after a CAT, as it's no longer the primary noise reducing item. "Spin" the exh. through a chamber would affect unrestricted exh. from an open header more IMHO as it evens out the pulses.

Oh man I can't wait to hear it it should be here today or Monday getting that restless leg syndrome lol

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
The police cannot wait as well, not a muffler, except to the racing organizations.

Not legal on the street even a little bit............and there in Arlington???? Whoooo, boy, you are asking for police harassment par excellence.

I got virtually all of my anti-noise citations when younger and going to the college there, those guys hate that stuff.

Moroso is an old school company that's been around for many years, they make pretty much dedicated 'race only' stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The police cannot wait as well, not a muffler, except to the racing organization.

Not legal on the street even a little bit............and there in Arlington????

I got virtually all of my anti-noise citations when younger and going to the college there, those guys hate that stuff.

Moroso is an old school company that's been around for many years, they make pretty much dedicated 'race only' stuff.
I had super44's on my eclipse and they were Hella loud not once did they say anything. I know the db for Texas is ludicrous I have no other mods done on my car so I dnt think I my car would be that loud I'll make a before and after sound clip

By the way south east Arlington

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
It's just a glasspack with spiral louvers inside.

I've got one of these on the other car, FLO~PRO - TWISTER Race Mufflers
seems to work about as well as you'd think, not a whole lot. More than a glasspack though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

so I got the exhaust installed and it sounds amazing no fart can sound no obnoxious sound just real amazing real sporty I will make video and post link sound great im happy with the install

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like it and you still have both cats? Did you remove the stock resonater and lunch box correct?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it and you still have both cats? Did you remove the stock resonater and lunch box correct?
Yeah I removed res and box did in fact kept the cats it sounds amazing under load definitely no fart can . I should also be getting my steeda intake to compliment my foci. After I'm going to dyno just to get a sound clip out side of my foci

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cool any highway drone?

·
Registered
73 Posts
That doesn't sound bad at all

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm happy with the setup I get a lot of compliments from people they say it sounds good for a 4bangger even the guys that dyno ed my car said it sounds amazing that it doesn't sound like crap or rasp at all

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I'm happy with the setup I get a lot of compliments from people they say it sounds good for a 4bangger even the guys that dyno ed my car said it sounds amazing that it doesn't sound like crap or rasp at all
You are going to have to post up a picture of your dyno results now [:)]

Send Chick a PM with your mods and the dyno, I like seeing the combination of mods/power!
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/...1/101159-*-official-duratec-dyno-thread*.html

(only if you want of course)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are going to have to post up a picture of your dyno results now

Send Chick a PM with your mods and the dyno, I like seeing the combination of mods/power!
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/...1/101159-*-official-duratec-dyno-thread*.html

(only if you want of course)

For sure I'm going to dyno again because I didn't get a video last time.
I will Just need some more mullah so I can get a custom tune from tom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts