Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's what my goal is for now.

so far all that i have done in the power department is a fs cai, mbrp exhaust, and a tune from fs.

soon i will be adding crane stage 1 cams a header/flex (haven't decided which ones yet) and a high flow cat(to help w/noise and smog later).

how close will that get me? (that should put me over the top, right?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, you're probably pretty close to an st. Cams/header will net you quite a few more than the st.

how much more ya thinkin'? there is a dude down the street from me with a st and i'd really like to spank him good, lol. (at the drag strip of course).

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how does the daily driver factor in with the stage 2, also i was concerned about emissions w/stage 2. although maybe i should rethink the whole emissions thing... i mean, the cams should only take a couple of hours... and i'm already committing myself to the header. hmmmm....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I personally have never driven stg 2s but alot of people claim theyre very streetable. About 950-1000 idleing, not sure about emissions/cams. But if you do go to stg 2 you have to install heavier duty springs/etc.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
K&N CAI, FC TB, OBX header, 2.5" MBRP and FS tune for 93 got me 137whp/138wtq.. Youll need the stage 2's to get near 150whp I think

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But if you do go to stg 2 you have to install heavier duty springs/etc.
^i know.

hey, is there a how-to for porting some where in here? i looked but couldn't come up with anything.

this is a newb question for sure, but.... what gains are to be had with adjustable cam gears and are they needed?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
they are only needed after cams, meant for fine-tuning the cam timing

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ive seen alot with intake/header/exhaust and tune around 135-137 whp
That's it..[scratch] I though ST's came w/ that stock at the wheels.... w/ all those mods I would think more like 150's for the ST's. I got all those mods and a base modle ZX3 and I'm getting 137.6 at the wheels...ST's would get more like 156-8 w all those mods.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ya he is talking about a 2.0. i have a 2.3 and you can see my mods in my sig and my power output

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
This is not a horrible idea, but if you want more power than the ST, why not just wait and buy one? I know a lot of people can be jerks about their cars and think they are better than everyone else, but why mod just to prove you are better than a stock ST? It sounds like this person is a little proud of the power of the ST and lords it over you. Don't let him get under you skin! IMO, any mods you do, the ST can match and ultimately still have more hp than you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts