Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If its not one thing on my car its another. Time for a new fofo or a new car in general. Anyway, when I accelerate in 1st 2nd and 3rd my car speeds up then lags a little. When I pull up to stop signs sometimes my engine temp gauge starts increasing. then when I start to drive it goes back down to normal. I have no clue and I have no jack at the moment to get under the car. any ideas?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
when your sitting somewhere your engine is not getting cooler air to cool down the block. I think your fans arent coming on. To make sure that your fans are working. Turn the A/C on full blast and it should help with some of the heat.

There are many causes why your fans arent coming on:
Theromstat is sticking closed'
A bad Fan fuse
The fan reistor is burned out.

You can fix most of this stuff in your driveway. I hope this gets you in the right direction.
If you need help changing out the reistor..pm me or search for a how to

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
the thermostat is a fairly common issue. might want to look into that.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
when your sitting somewhere your engine is not getting cooler air to cool down the block. I think your fans arent coming on. To make sure that your fans are working. Turn the A/C on full blast and it should help with some of the heat.

There are many causes why your fans arent coming on:
Theromstat is sticking closed'
A bad Fan fuse
The fan reistor is burned out.

You can fix most of this stuff in your driveway. I hope this gets you in the right direction.
If you need help changing out the reistor..pm me or search for a how to
Fletcher Rawks!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome going to check those three things tomorrow guys and let you know. thanks for the input. I thought it may have something to do with my fan at first

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know about the acceleration lag, but once my temp gauge was doing that at stops. So i checked my coolant when i got to my destination, nearly dry. Had the water pump gasket leak overnight.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know about the acceleration lag, but once my temp gauge was doing that at stops. So i checked my coolant when i got to my destination, nearly dry. Had the water pump gasket leak overnight.
My coolant levels are fine but I still havent figured out this issue with my car. I just havent been driving it long distance at the moment.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
is this a standard zetec?? i remember diddnt you just do like an svt swap or something? but from what I read go from the easiest to hardest..check the thermostat and housing then I would start to worry about the water pump

1 - 9 of 9 Posts