Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm was looking through some old files on my pc, and found this. I was wondering how it works and could there be a possibilty on a Focus to run a traction bar? Since your specailty is the Focus I thought I'ld ask. Here's a link to that file.
http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf

I've been reading alot on this forums on the FI's, and most seem to have traction problems after 300HP (if I'm wrong please correct me) Being a old drag track junkie, when it comes to passes, whp doesn't matter unless you can get it to the ground, and with my heart set on spankin the hell out of rice in a focus at the local track this would deffintely be a problem. Also, since I'm new here, what are the basic's that you could do besides wider tires, or slicks on the focus for traction?

·
Registered
626 Posts
a limited slip differential would definatly get you in the right direction for traction torsen or quiafe both make good ones.

i agree with what you said, my buddy actually just asked me today if they have traction bars for our cars and i didnt know but think it would be a good idea to have....anybody know if there are any??

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
well that's true.....Tom's website says he (or they) can install LSDs into your MTX trannies [thumb]

but right......traction bars... wasn't I just looking for something like that the other day? lol.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i can tell you traction problems occur before 300whp..

but yeah ive heard of people running traction bars on the focus.. i think its called lakehead or lakewood? or something like that..

and i got the torsen t2 differential, and im not gonna lie, i havent noticed any increase in traction in a straight line. i gained about 20whp with different things when i did the install and i have different tires, but still, traction isnt that great..

im going to widen my wheels up front to put some wider tires up there, 235/40/17s up from 215/45/17s i have now. that should help some for traction.

motor mounts also help, as well as new stiffer shocks..

·
Registered
441 Posts
it's the lakewood traction bars. And they work great. The completely eliminate wheelhop and allow you to apply power to the ground

now don't jump to conclusions you can still spin even with the traction bars but it's allot more controlled. no torque steer or wheel hop, I've been able to go into corners harder and come out as hard as I want. You can also preload the bars for at the track as well so that the front suspension is basically locked in place which will just leave traction in the hands of how sticky your tires are.

I love my bars and they will not come off this focus.

·
Registered
441 Posts
just fine. I only adjust the bars in real far when i'm going to the track. so daily driving they just provide that extra stability

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are they worth the cost? Hope it don't sound like a dumb question, I meant it in a good way, like do you gain alot of traction that wasn't there previously. Tom should build something like this, or something equivalent to this!!![poke]

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Ive got lakewood trac bars and i love them so much

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I'm just the opposite, I dont run traction bars but I also dont have wheel hop.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But you gotta have traction problems=}

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I got em also, along with the roush struts/shocks n progress springs. we are installing it on sunday, then well see if worth all that money.....aahh of course it is!!!!

Once you break the 300 hp barrier you start to have issues putting it down, so you have to adjust to it. lol.....what a curse!!
Rich

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The Quaife made a big difference, plus sticky tires and haveing the suspension setup to put a little more weight on the front helps.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
how hard is it to put on traction bars in your driveway?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
it takes about 1 hour and thirty minutes the hardest part is drilling thr the rivets

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yea, there is some permanent holes that have to go on.....and the radiator support has to come off also; but its not bad.
oh, struts n springs are in, and the BFG have been paid for should be shipped soon....but im still waiting for my slicks to come in...one day, one day
Rich

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Hey rich im looking at your slicks right now nananaananana haahh there in my back seat

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
LMAO!!!!!! WTF MEN!!! LOL U suk!!
i cant waiiitt!!!! aahhh!![scream] [scream]
BTW, thnx for bring those down.....How did the tunning go??? whacha u get??
I cannot wait till january, we HAVE GOT to get to a 1/4 mile!!!
Rich

1 - 20 of 20 Posts