Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to add some tow hooks to my car but I want to keep them the least ricey possible. So far I'm leaning towards the omp's followed by the golden eagle's, but the others I think are also a good option. So what do you guys think? which ones would be the best? I want a front an rear one. If you've seen others please let me know, I want to have other options.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://www.ompamerica.com/tuning/exting_tun.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
so let me ask this, why does one need tow hooks on a street car? I understand the fuction on a track car, but is your car that low that a tow truck couldnt get under it?

I saw some on a car on here that looked like soft loops and they looked better than the ones you posted IMO.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
^^Dude, have you seen his car?? He is going for the WRC look... and i like the Eaglen style too!!... what color are you getting??... Red perhaps??[thumb]

·
Registered
784 Posts
id go with the Audi style, looks like it can be screwed on and off real easy.

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
Hmm. how will that work on a bumper with no tow hook hole? I know some Focus have bumpers with hole for tow hook.. (I think Focus RS and Euro bumper have one)?

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so let me ask this, why does one need tow hooks on a street car? I understand the fuction on a track car, but is your car that low that a tow truck couldnt get under it?
I saw some on a car on here that looked like soft loops and they looked better than the ones you posted IMO.
My car isn't that low on the front, but the rear bumper is really low. Besides, have you seen how hard is to tow a car with fibers without making any damage to it? I would rather be pulled by the hooks than to risk the bumpers.

Hmm. how will that work on a bumper with no tow hook hole? I know some Focus have bumpers with hole for tow hook.. (I think Focus RS and Euro bumper have one)?
My rear bumper has 2 holes for dual exhaust, so I will put one hook in one of the exhaust holes, as for the front, I'm pretty sure I can come up with something.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
We can't see your car!!! Update your photos!!!!

·
Deaf Focus Fanatic
2,026 Posts
My car isn't that low on the front, but the rear bumper is really low. Besides, have you seen how hard is to tow a car with fibers without making any damage to it? I would rather be pulled by the hooks than to risk the bumpers.

My rear bumper has 2 holes for dual exhaust, so I will put one hook in one of the exhaust holes, as for the front, I'm pretty sure I can come up with something.
you are getting me really curious now. post pics when ur done with it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've been throwing the idea of putting a towhook on the SVT in the front and rear, just for "the look". Call me silly or ricey if you will, but I love the road race look, and you never know when they may need to be used. Done cleanly, through the grille and tucked away, I'd rock them....

Oh, and I like the Benen set personally....in black...

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can't see your car!!! Update your photos!!!!

lol I don't know if I want to post pics of my car anymore. Everytime I do that I get all these comments of how ricey it is[V] I've spent a great amount of time and money trying to make it unique, and when I go ahead and upload pics, about only 2 or 3 people actually like my car. Is not that I care, I really like how it looks, but I don't want to get all those bad vibes from some of you. But I'll post pics when I get the hooks, I promise.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i like the benen's i was gonna pick up a set, but ARP studs are better for my situation lol so the benen's were pushed back

·
Registered
851 Posts
lol I don't know if I want to post pics of my car anymore. Everytime I do that I get all these comments of how ricey it is[V] I've spent a great amount of time and money trying to make it unique, and when I go ahead and upload pics, about only 2 or 3 people actually like my car. Is not that I care, I really like how it looks, but I don't want to get all those bad vibes from some of you. But I'll post pics when I get the hooks, I promise.

Who cares. Thats why it isn't theirs. [nono] Everyone is gonna have their opinion but does it really matter what they think. Let them talk. [thumbd]

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
I wouldnt mind seeing tow hooks on a car.

If your car is going for the WRC look then i know ill love it. WRC Focuses (including that fatty wing) look sick. Hell, if i had money id make a 4dr version of the wrc focus lol.

Back onto topic, i think teh audi style one for the front is sick, and the eagle one for the rear.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
personally i think tow hooks are jdm and i cant stand jdm cars i say no go imo but to eat there own

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
personally i think tow hooks are jdm and i cant stand jdm cars i say no go imo but to eat there own
Do you know what JDM stands for? Japanese Domestic Market, jdm just means that it is a product from Japan, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is ricey. I'm not sure but I haven't seen a "jdm car", maybe cars with jdm products but no such thing as a jdm car (and yes, I know cars are products too). Besides, towing hooks have been in racing cars even before the Japanese started to make cars. If by jdm you mean rice, then I understand and respect your opinion.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
JDM is becoming its own scene... its being to be a scene of cars with clean lines, alot of hidden motor work, and high dollar spending

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
who cares, is yours and if that makes you happy... que todos los demas chinguen a su madre... i love you car... i looks original and versatil, so if you have more pictures you should post them up, no need to wait for those hooks, people wont even notice them...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts