Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started with bad gas milage, which im still getting, and at 14k miles. Ive changed my oil when im suppose to and always have the right amount and right fluids in. Next was premature brake pads, which i had to change recently, and i dont track it or drive it like a maniac. Now im getting creeking sounds everywhere, maybe from the drivers side suspesion. Anyway my true question is, im getting a rough idle...the rpms are in the same place, but the engine is ruff and there is alot of irregular vibration. Then the past few days my car hasnt turned over a couple of times. And latly my 6disc cd player has been reseting itself and not reconizing the cds. Cds run fine and dont skip so they're not dirty. I dont know i have a bad feeling, i just had the fuel filter replaced and im in the processing of seeing it it helped the gas milage. I have a bad feeling that things are going to get worse and never stop....if so my car better be a lemon.[V]

·
Registered
551 Posts
Try a mid grade gas or even 91 or higher octane. I know people will tell you it isn't worth the money but try it at least once. The timing could be off from factory and it needs a higher octane gas. Mine runs like crap and idles rough on regular gas. You don't have to fill up, just get about half a tank when it is time to fill up next. Good luck on the CD player. I don't know anything about that.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^i know, which sucks, so whats a car called that has a bunch of different premature problems all at once.....guess just really bad luck. I shouuld of known it was too good to be true.[:(]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
id ditch it while you can. It sounds like my old VW, problem after problem after problem....in the end it wasnt worth and thats why i have my focus.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
^ Glad I wasn't the only one with a problematic VW. 1995 Jetta III GL was the end of my life. Problem after problem.. gaskets blew on the engine, the transmission was failing, the engine would run on less than 4 cyl it felt like (I floored it from 0 and counted how long it took to get to 50... 37 seconds), ATE oil all day long, etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
first with your radio resting itself it is evident that you have some kind of loose connection which is most likely your battery cable. Brake pads that come with the focus from the factory are crap! everone has the same problem with the brakes just upgrade and you will be fine. as for bad gas mileage it is most likely that you have some kind of sensor that has failed. get it check out at autozone or somewhere they have tools that can read trouble codes. for the suspension noise you might have defective springs which would be part of a major recall. the springs end up cracking. hope this helps.

C

·
0 Posts
The creaking could be 1: Your front sway bar drop links. They mount on the strut, under the spring seat and connect to the sway bar below. I had mine changed 5 weeks ago at the dealer. They installed upgraded 2006 items (made in Japan) @ a cost of $40 cdn each plus 1.5 hrs labour. 1.5 hrs labour for a 25 min job. Bunch of robbing b[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s!
2: 1 or 2 broken front springs. I had mine replaced 2 weeks ago under warranty. My passenger side had snapped and dropped over the bottom coil causing severe sounds and a loose front end. The dealer is only to replace "the broken springs" but where I go they replaced both.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
in my opinion i would trade it in while you have a chance. mine is doing the same thing and im working on finding a replacement for my focus. ive been thinking about a used wrx. im checking out a few of them and coming to choosing. mine is doing the exact same thing. one thing comes along you fix it then another one comes and eventually you just keep spending and spending. my opinion i think it's time for a trade in if you can that is. not to many people can just do that. i understand that part. at least for me ive come to the decision of trading my focus in as soon as i find a wrx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts