·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't hard to get off, but it was a bitch to get back on

·
Registered
295 Posts
can you see the red piece above the grille when the hood is closed?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its dark outside unforunatly, so I can't tell. I'd think that its too far back into the compartment to see.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You should get some red sparkplug wires and paint the airbox red also. And of course a red strutbar. A black FoFo with red parts in the engine bay would look good I think.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to hold off on the air box, I'd rather get a red intake.

The duratec's ignition system is pretty good stock, I don't think i'd replace them

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was wrong about being able to see the front most red part with the hood closed, If you look at the front of the car at eye level you can see the red. It's kind of interesting looking, but you'd never see it unless you were looking for it.

Tonight I was considering doing a design on the battery/fuse box with a air brush. Probably a stripe or geometeric pattern, tell me what you think.

Idea 1

Idea 2

Idea 3

·
Registered
470 Posts
The stripes are definately interesting. They look ok, if kept white or black it won't look too far out there. [:D]

·
Registered
331 Posts
the pin stripes look not too bad if you did the white. I think it's turning out nicely

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looking for more opinions about a pattern on the spark plug cover and battery box

·
Registered
176 Posts
JCE_05-ZX5 said:
You should get some red sparkplug wires and paint the airbox red also. And of course a red strutbar. A black FoFo with red parts in the engine bay would look good I think.
We don't have sparkplug wires. [:)~]

I think the solid red looks classier, forget the stripes.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mastodon said:
We don't have sparkplug wires. [:)~]

I think the solid red looks classier, forget the stripes.
actually nology makes "hotwires" for the duratec (in any color), its just that our ignition system is pretty good stock, we don't need to replace it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
dannybohhy said:
actually nology makes "hotwires" for the duratec (in any color), its just that our ignition system is pretty good stock, we don't need to replace it.
The Duratec has a coil-on-plug ignition, there are no plug wires. Looks like Nology makes a "conversion" for it but $220 to add colored wires is a little ridiculous.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts