Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It reminds me of some 1950 car. Just a liittle to much height to the chrome.
Maybe if it was hollowed out a bit with a lip around the chrome...
As is, i do not like it. [nutkick]
YOU?
(i am building up to disliking the ST so i do not rush out and trade in my 2012 Focus.. going upside down to buy a crazy fast cool car. So if the ST has the same grill as the Electric... i just have to stare at it head-on, and never look at any other pis's Problem solved.) [angel]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I dunno I kind of like it a bit...... reminds me of an Aston Martin.... but honestly I think the yellow or blue focus is incredibly hot.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I like the new face Ford is going forward with. Makes me think of very upscale and power type cars aka Aston Martin, Jaguar and Maserati. Plus Ford needs to distance itself some from Hyundai copying its Kinetic 1 design language.

I like what Fords head of design J.Mays said at the Frankfurt Auto Show when talking about the new Kinetic 2 design language
"While some manufacturers have imitated kinetic design,
dare I say, even added more complexity to it…We are going in the other direction by simplifying our design language. Showing the same amount of dynamic surface language but in a more sophisticated, reduced form. Stunning, beautiful shapes with refinement. Pared down - definitive- tailored."

Just image your next Fusion is going to resemble this face.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Aston Martin was the first thing I thought of as well when I saw the first images of the electric way back when.

And that isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm with Elisabeth on this one. The front end has that large mouth bass look to it. They should have stuck with the current 2012 focus front end or something very similar.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Somebody in marketing has noticed that Benz, Audi and BMW have always had distinctive grilles and wanted the same; that way, other consumers can see one coming and know it's a Ford.
Or else they will experiment and wimp-out like the suits at Subaru, who cut and ran from their distinctive 'snorkel' nose some years ago.
It's this generation's tail fins, we might as well get used to it.
Personally prefer the ST's grille (and HEADLIGHT WASHERS) to my 2112's
Moon

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the show Fusion is kind of interesting. If the make a SVT version of the Mondeo/Fusion next generation in 2015 or whatever, I may be ready to go back to owning a fast car....

·
Registered
238 Posts
The front end is one of the first things that drew me to the Efocus. Now that I've been reading up on it, it's looking more and more like we will be getting one as soon as the wife's Fusion is paid off. She commutes approx 48 mi per day so it would work perfectly into things. Her job also has charging stations at work so a free charge every day too. Looking like a win/win deal for us. Trying to squeeze in an extra 50.00 each month to pay it down a little sooner

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I think its hideous and always have. Reminds me of tasteless people adding tacky billet grilles to their vehicles. I'm trying desperately to like the ST's front end as well but its not working yet..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Well good for us that we sit inside the car while driving isn't it? Personally, looks are a factor but when it comes down to it now, it's looks on inside that draw me in even more, the Focus has such an awesome interior in my opinion compared to the competition's offerings which to me are either too bland or too odd. The Focus has a modern, tech-oriented interior and that drew me in immediately. I guess being a 20y/o tech-oriented person was a bias for me, but I love my Focus so no complaints here inside or out!

I agree with the fish-look comments, but still wouldn't mind an ST if I had the opportunity to have one.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Well good for us that we sit inside the car while driving isn't it? Personally, looks are a factor but when it comes down to it now, it's looks on inside that draw me in even more, the Focus has such an awesome interior in my opinion compared to the competition's offerings which to me are either too bland or too odd. The Focus has a modern, tech-oriented interior and that drew me in immediately. I guess being a 20y/o tech-oriented person was a bias for me, but I love my Focus so no complaints here inside or out!

I agree with the fish-look comments, but still wouldn't mind an ST if I had the opportunity to have one.
I thought it looked like a fish too! Every time I looked at it I saw a Magikarp...

Also, being a 20-something tech guy as well, I have no issues with the "complex" center console.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts