Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aside from my short ram intake and t/b, im going to add more power to my zx3. i know that pulleys are almost a must. ive read up on them and i found that they are substancially lighter then factory and dont give more hp just frees up the hp that it takes to turn the alternator etc. are they worth the investment? how hard are they to put on. i was also told by a friend that i cant really use them because of the system in my car. its 500w if that helps. i do have a capacitor for the system as well. thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Get the pullies, don't worry about your system, the underdrive pullies are a set of two not three, before you would get the water/crank/alt pullies, but now they only offer just the crank/water pullies, so the alt will be running the same if it were stock

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pulleys

where did you guys get your pulleys from and how much did they $$$

·
Registered
380 Posts
go to focus-central.com steedafocus.com and i think focussport.com

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
Laidman said:
Get the pullies, don't worry about your system, the underdrive pullies are a set of two not three, before you would get the water/crank/alt pullies, but now they only offer just the crank/water pullies, so the alt will be running the same if it were stock
This isn't right. If the crank pulley is smaller than stock, then the alt will be running at lower rpm's than stock.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah changing one pulley changes all the accessories power. the crank pulley is the only one that needs to be changed. i have a 1000+ watt class D amp runnin off of 4g wiring and no capacitator with the smallest crank pulley on the market... no probs here. if u click on the ptuning.com banner up top you get a discount and can get the afx shipped very cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts