Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wuts up everyone! Well I wanna gets some more power out of this thing and I know that focus-sport is the way to go!

Heres what I have so far:
Supercharged
Comp Cams
injectors
eagle rods
je pistons
polished head boared out to around 2.3L
2.5 inch exhaust high flow straight through design
front lower mount intercooler
oh yea and sct ecu flasher

Now what else can I do to this thing?

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,
Cory

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
I'm gonna guess that lots of people are gonna tell you to ditch the SC for a turbo.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
What supercharger do you have?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I was just going to ask that, but then i thought, why would u put a roots style blower on and upgrade the internals, I'm betting its a vortec

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I dont think fs is the way to go at all , C-F-M , Mcnews can get you the same quality parts and in most cases for less money

Loose the cams may help some , FI and cams dont work well on the Zetec with FI and loose the SC for a turbo

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Yeah I have to agree, Tom(1turbofocus) can get you to whatever power goal you want.

Not sure what type of SC you have but if you really wanted good power, i.e, more then mid 200's, you should have gone with a turbo!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyones advice! First off this is the way I bought the car so any and all advice or changes that should be made are greatly appreciated. Im also new to all this stuff lol. It already has bigger injectors.

Thanks for everyones help!

Cory

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Am I the only one to notice that the "head was bored out to 2.3L"??? Fairly sure this isnt possible... And if they lied to you about that, then I would start to question the internals too.

Actually if I remember right, Tom is the only one out there with a 2.3L setup for sale, but he does it by increasing teh stroke, not bore. I dont know if Eagle Rods does his stroker rods, so I would say that he is the first to ask. If he does use eagle rods, then maybe the previous owner did make your zetec a 2.3L but just didnt explain well enough.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info man! If its not I still picked it up for cheap but that sux if ur right. Whats everyone talking about by stroking it out to a 2.3? and does Tom have a web site I can check out?

Thanks for everyones help,
Cory

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Ya, its not possible to bore out the foci head to a 2.3 L . by stroking it, you use a different crank and different rods that are larger. say instead of pushing the pistons down 1.0 inches (numbers are ficticious for theory's sake) w/ the crank and rods, you push the piston down 1.3 inches. this creates more volume in the cylinders so you are creating more volume out of the stock bore.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
www.focus-power.com its not the best website, your best bet would be to call or email him!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
What supercharger are you running? Any pics of your engine bay?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts