Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

can someone do me a favor....unplug the wires from this box and tell me if your car runs really rough? im trying to narrow down the reasons my new motor is running so rough. ive read some where that if you have no egr you must leave the DPFE sensor plugged in?[gunfire]

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i bought the motor i didnt have any drive train in the car, and the new one didnt come with anything, i plan to get rid of the egr with a chip but im trying to get the car running before i spend even more money on it with getting a chip.

the problem im having is hanging revs and not idleing when it gets around 800 rpms it starts popping and shaking but if i hold it around 1500 rpms it runs smooth

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, having the dpfe sensor should not cause an issue, having the egr vac.regulator plugged in electrically and having the vac.lines plugged in could cause issues. I would leave them both unplugged. Is your egr valve completely gone or do you have an egr block off plate? I would think that an egr block off plate after the valve would be the way to go with that- this way everything could still be hooked up- you would just have no egr flow when the pcm commands it. I have seen egr sys disabled, my thought on egr is that it is doing nothing acceleration (when your making the most power) and it does not cause any lose in performance when working properly.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have no egr at all the tube on the intake is blocked off with a plate and a gasket and the bung in the header is capped off. The black box on the firewall is not there at all, im not sure if i need that or not....ive read on some other random forum i found that it will cause problems with the motor running rough if its not on there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the electrical connector for your maf should be in the same harness as your iat sensor. Have you been running it with the maf disconnected? That can cause the issues that you speak of- also problems with the iac and the tp sensor.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no no no ive had the maf connected....the pic i put up is not my car, i was answering the random question someone posted in my thread...can the tps be adjusted?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts