Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1.whats that selenoid by the egr tube? is it part of the egr system, do i remove it if i have egr delete tune?

2.also this is a 2000 intake manifold, what is everyone porting on these? i dont see any obstruction of flow.

3. What else should i do while i have this apart? mods/service?

4.could i put this back on without replacing the gaskets for everything?

Thanks for your knowledge! im still learning :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i took this apart because i had the bright idea of cleaning it, removing the egr, and porting the intake. i dont know how to do any of that, please give me some tips, thanks!

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
while apart... ? put a new manifold!! jk dude... i haven't had one apart in a long time.. so im sorry im SOL

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
that thing next to the egr tube is your idle air controller i beleive, everyone abbreviates it as IAC and from what i know its sorta like a mini TB that controls the flow of air, esspecially at idle (obviously). but you DEFINATLY do not want to take that off. thats an important part of your engine.

yes, that is def a 2k mani, usually people port match the intake mani to the head ports. basically making the holes the same size. it couldnt be a bad idea to replace the gaskets but if there in good shape you would prob be ok.

p.s. - i would put some masking tape over your intake ports in the head just to be safe. you never know when something might fall in there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im going to clean this one out cause it has a bunch of oil and shit in it. how do you get the injectors and fuel rail out, i took the 2 bolts out but i still cant pull them out?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
im going to clean this one out cause it has a bunch of oil and shit in it. how do you get the injectors and fuel rail out, i took the 2 bolts out but i still cant pull them out?
i think you have to take the little metal clips off but be carful with them. and the injectors just pull right out attached to the fuel rail. i might of missed something but thats how i got mine out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good thinking im going to do that right now and check to make sure nothing is in there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sol is shit out of luck i think. whats stock injectors, with just intake and exhaust and tune would someone maybe install bigger injectors at this point? cams later on down the road(4-8months)...they have 75000 miles on them... whats there life expectensy?

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
yes [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] out of LUCK... i don't know how to take the injectors out...... i would thing the two bolts.. and then some clips or some hidden bolts or screws or something...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nevermind i see where that goes. im going to go to bed and hit this tough tomorrow morning, go drag strip day sunday so i need it running by then lol. all advice will help me!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
you will not need bigger injectors until you start putting down around 150whp. you def. dont need them now but maybe if you got some cams. usually people get them if they get a aftermarket head or boost. its a safety thing, it doesnt affect performance at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright, well im almost done with port my TB, im going to clean out my intake tomorrow, its pretty nasty inside. whats the pcv control, i wonder if my stumble/rough idle was because my pcv tube going to the im was cinked close?? hmmm

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok cool thanks, i did what the haynes manual says to take the injectors out and still cant get them. i took the clips off and put the other part other then the fuel rail of to the side then it says to put epual strenght on each side and pull them out but i pulled pretty hard and there not budging.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.