Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had a battery light on for a while, fixed the alternator for a third time in 2 years and the light went off... After about a week of driving with no lights on (it was amazing cuz that never happens), my check engine light went on. Five codes showed up, they were P0171, P0420, P1130, P1131, and P1246. I already looked up the codes, but I am at a loss of how to get rid of them. When I clear the codes, they come back within about 2 miles of driving. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! [ffrocks]

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I just cleared the p0171 by changing the pcv valve and the rear pcv tubing.
It had collapsed.
Its also a dealer only part.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, I guess I will tackle that first. Found the PCV valve for 6 bucks on tousley ford, couldn't find the rear pcv tubing but I will continue to look. To add to my list of problems on my car, the steering just got really jerky over the past week. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Ok thanks, I guess I will tackle that first. Found the PCV valve for 6 bucks on tousley ford, couldn't find the rear pcv tubing but I will continue to look. To add to my list of problems on my car, the steering just got really jerky over the past week. Any thoughts on this?
Steering:
My wife's Focus had the center steering nut on the wheel come loose once.
Does it feel like the wheel?
Also....Autozone is where I picked up my pcv valve=1.97
Feel your pcv tubing first,to see if its collapsed while the Car is cool and not running.
Mine is a zetec and it was located down the back of the motor,on the left side behind the throttle body.
Feel around and the tube makes a sharp bend....that's the common spot on them.

PCV valve is located in the upperish right of the picture.
To the right of the header,see the black circle right next to the header?
Thats it.
The collapsed pcv tubing will be behind the motor though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steering:
My wife's Focus had the center steering nut on the wheel come loose once.
Does it feel like the wheel?
Also....Autozone is where I picked up my pcv valve=1.97
Feel your pcv tubing first,to see if its collapsed while the Car is cool and not running.
Mine is a zetec and it was located down the back of the motor,on the left side behind the throttle body.
Feel around and the tube makes a sharp bend....that's the common spot on them.

PCV valve is located in the upperish right of the picture.
To the right of the header,see the black circle right next to the header?
Thats it.
The collapsed pcv tubing will be behind the motor though.

Thankkkkkkkkk you DeuceCoupe!! It is all fixed and back to normal, other than the steering. All 5 engine codes cleared. Replaced the PCV valve, the old one was stuck open, and that took care of some of the engine codes. Then I looked at the engine manifold for vacuum leaks since it said banks 1 and 3 lean, sure enough two of intake manifold couplers were collapsed. Finally put that all together and the car idled like crap, checked the injectors and one of them was missing the O-ring from when we took them off to mess with the intake manifold, put that back on, car runs like it hasn't in at least a year. Once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction DeuceCoupe!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts