Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere i can find more detailed instructions on instaling the volant CAI? just checkin. doesnt look hard, just their instructions are a little brief.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i followed the ones that came with it and i got it on in about 30mins

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm mine came with a single sheet of paper that is pretty crappy

actually the only problem im having with it is i cant get the seal to wrap around the opening in the top

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
u mean the thing that connects to the T/B? lol u can't get it around right? turn it so that the grippy part is in side they mailed my inside out and i spent like 20mins trying to get it around the intake tube then to realize it was insideout

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i think hes talking about the actual air-box surround...from all i have seen, it isn't the greatest fitting...greatest looking pc...as long as it stays there and seals against your hood...it is doing its job

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
your hoods the lid, otherwise make one

·
Registered
705 Posts
well i gotta say all these companies gotta make better instructions. If it wasn't for myzx3.com's how to library i woulda have been there like numbnut looking for the right tools for the job, and guessing how to take out the air box from my friends SVTf (from which i borrowed the bottom of the airbox and svt snorkle plus his cleaner factory air filter).

The AEM instructions for his cold air had bad quality pictures (at least to me) and the instructions, were read something like take out your factory stuff put in ours just barely more detailed than that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i agree 100% with you there. my diablo chip had fairly poor install instructions. it would be nice for somebody to do their own after every mod and post it on this site. pictures and all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts