Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good customer posted his Dyno on fj (big mistake) one of the "knowitalls" stated and i quote "

(Posted by belacyrf)
"I'm sorry man, there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 (even if I'm way off in interpreting HP and RPM ranges, I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque.
And again, there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading. They are taken off of the same source and are calculations. Dyno's dont use one frequency for torque and another for HP. Doesn't work that way."

First he states that (Posted by belacyrf) "there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 " comes back with (Posted by belacyrf) "I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque" MAKE UP YOUR MIND !

This customers dyno made 235.5 TQ he was at the GTG today and all saw his TQ numbers once he got rid of the live wires and coil and went back to stock

My favorite part was (Posted by belacyrf ) "there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading" WHY ? The Dynojet needs NO tach reading to read HP its what makes the Dynojet what it is. The Dynojet needs NOTHING hooked to the Focus or any car to get a proper HP reading

The misinformation is everywhere be carefull ! Most people dont know so they take what is said as fact BE CAREFULL ! ! ! !

Tom

·
Registered
759 Posts
1turbofocus said:
A good customer posted his Dyno on fj (big mistake) one of the "knowitalls" stated and i quote "

(Posted by belacyrf)
"I'm sorry man, there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 (even if I'm way off in interpreting HP and RPM ranges, I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque.
And again, there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading. They are taken off of the same source and are calculations. Dyno's dont use one frequency for torque and another for HP. Doesn't work that way."

First he states that (Posted by belacyrf) "there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 " comes back with (Posted by belacyrf) "I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque" MAKE UP YOUR MIND !

This customers dyno made 235.5 TQ he was at the GTG today and all saw his TQ numbers once he got rid of the live wires and coil and went back to stock

My favorite part was (Posted by belacyrf ) "there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading" WHY ? The Dynojet needs NO tach reading to read HP its what makes the Dynojet what it is. The Dynojet needs NOTHING hooked to the Focus or any car to get a proper HP reading

The misinformation is everywhere be carefull ! Most people dont know so they take what is said as fact BE CAREFULL ! ! ! !

Tom
doesn't matter where you go, there will always be some jack &*$ who likes to think he knows everything...

·
Registered
703 Posts
well, that particular member is/used to be a member here on FF. Im not sure if he still is, but im interested to know what his response would be after being corrected on his "NO WAY IM WRONG" post. seems a lot of ppl think they know everything, and insist on spreading false knowledge. Now, if he truly believes hes right, then whatever.... maybe he said it after he got home from the bar...haha

if i think i know something that can help fellow forum members, i post... if i dont, i still post, but i give an opinion and let others give theirs and so forth. I dont insist that im right cuz i have a 99% assurance that i am....

Anyways, thats one reason why i like this forum better then FJ. Not AS MANY know-it-all smart asses [thumb]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yep, saw him make those #'s today and saw him selling the wires and coil. I dont really get what he was contradicting though about Kyles dyno?

·
Registered
613 Posts
i checked out fj a while back and I prefer the forums here far better than their's

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It isnt that im worried about them at all its that misinformation hurts everyone

Whats real funny about it all is there are people on there that know the misinformation is BS but there to scaired of getting banned to speak up

Tom

·
Registered
759 Posts
[hihi]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Im not worried about them, they can bite my ass. You can tell them i said that too, lol.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
just goes to show you how many people will accept mediocrity so they have a clique that will blindly stand up for them.

H

·
0 Posts
I ran on a dynojet this weekend. Took them 5 runs to figure out a good place to pick up the RPM sense. I suggested clipping the inductive pickup to the wire going into the coil, cuz the MSD Blaster coil was messing up the Torque readings.

So... the finally got it right and did what I suggested. Worked fine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/1989maxman/Focus/DynoGraph-09022006.jpg

Wondering how I can wring out some more power, torque prefered.

·
Registered
379 Posts
1turbofocus said:
It isnt that im worried about them at all its that misinformation hurts everyone

Whats real funny about it all is there are people on there that know the misinformation is BS but there to scaired of getting banned to speak up

Tom
This is why I am still lurking and not buying. I saw a thread about the aem intake for the duratec on fj and randy made a comment about it causing a lean fuel situation due to the maf location. What I found strange (with my limited knowledge even) was that he didn't explain what that meant, or, if it could be corrected with sct. I get the impression fj caresmore about selling THEIR parts, not helping the focus community. Anybody know the answer to this btw?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've read through enough on their' forum to agree,
but they like to censor anything that might take away from
their' business, which takes away from the helpfulness of it all
I think I'm gonna register there and read through there
rules and what not see if that is in there

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tungfumaster said:
This is why I am still lurking and not buying. I saw a thread about the aem intake for the duratec on fj and randy made a comment about it causing a lean fuel situation due to the maf location. What I found strange (with my limited knowledge even) was that he didn't explain what that meant, or, if it could be corrected with sct. I get the impression fj caresmore about selling THEIR parts, not helping the focus community. Anybody know the answer to this btw?
Yes SOME intakes do have lean/rich conditions when there added but it can be corected with a proper tune , a tune to correct it properly would need to be done on a dyno with a wide band

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Goat Roper said:
There is zero need to mention FJ in the title. It implies that we don't have our own fair share of BS, which we do.
BS ? You mean like you locking a post here on FF then going to fj and asking randy from fs if he would like you to unlock it so he could post and have the last word ? Thats BS to me ! whers your loyalty to FF

There is a big difference in BS and misinformation , BS most people can see through, misinformation not all know it is wrong and some depending on who it is coming from may take it as they know what there talking about

Tom

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Goat Roper said:
There is zero need to mention FJ in the title. It implies that we don't have our own fair share of BS, which we do.
I've really tried to stay out of this, because this is an issue that has been going on for a while. Goat Roper...I am beginning to lose the respect I had for you. You are stopping just short of defending those guys over at FJ. They don't deserve any help. Yes, this forum has some BS, ALL forums have BS. Here's the difference between theirs and ours...ours is a couple of guys joking around, and NOBODY takes the comments seriously. Our BS is things like saying "Oh my grandmother drives stick better than you, and she's only got one leg! HAHAHA!" That's funny, not meant to be taken seriously, and nobody does. FJ posts hateful remarks like "u r stoopid, use the search. I figured it out, you should be able to." That doesn't help anyone. They censor what ought not be censored, they're rude, crude, and socially unacceptable (BTW I speak of their comments, not the people themselves). I haven't personally met any of the guys on FJ, so I can't comment about them as people, but their comments leave a lot to be desired. Now I'm tired of all the FJ vs FF crap. The debate is like a fart in a stiff wind...it does nothing except cause a lot of stink. Let us be content that we take pleasure in helping those less knowledgeable without degrading them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Goat Roper said:
I disagree. It's the topic and subject of the thread and implies that not all is well in paradise.

The diffficulty I'm having is why you waited 4days,the 2nd page, and the thread responses are all confirming the subject to make a post attempting to reprimand the poster. Should ahve been done in a pm on the side.

You didn't call randy would you ??

·
FF Affiliate
31,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lets keep this about misinformation , this could be a place to correct it and talk about why it is wrong and how to correct it

Tom

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.