Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My electric moonroof is supposed to open and close with one touch. Opening functions OK, but not close. When I push and release rocker switch forward to close the roof from the full-open position, the roof closes halfway, then kicks back to full open. If I hold the switch down, it will do the same thing. If I release and hold the switch down 2-3 times, the roof will finally stop halfway closed. Then if I hold the switch down again, it will move a little more closed. Another push, and the roof closes completely. Any TSB on this? Troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanx for yr help, PW

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
The "relearning procedure" is in your Owners Manual.
I've had to do this a few times to fix exactly the same problem (won't automatically close when stopped) that you have:

Relearning function:
In case the moon roof does not close properly anymore, follow this relearning procedure.
• Tilt the moon roof into the vent position as far as possible. Release the switch.
• Press and hold the same switch again for 30 seconds until you see the moon roof move.
• Release the switch and immediately press and hold it again.
The moon roof will close, open fully and then close again.
Do not release the switch before the moon roof has reached the closed position for the second time.
Safety mode:
If the system detects a malfunction, it enters a safety mode.
The moon roof will move about 0.5 seconds at a time and then stop again.
Press the switch again and again until the moon roof is closed.
Have the system checked by your Ford Dealer immediately.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
beat me to it... mine does this all the time. i can do tyeh relearning procedure in my sleep... any idea why it keeps happenig?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts