Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water dripping from map light assembly...

I've searched the MKIII forum and haven't seen this problem exactly.

I went through a touchless automatic wash yesterday, and halfway through the process I felt a drop of water land on my shoulder. I look up and see this: I haven't investigated the source I'd the water yet, I just think it's strange that it came out I'd the map light assembly.

It's a '12 SEL HB with only 18k miles. Seems a little soon for drains to be clogged our seals to be bad. I live in Denver, not too much rain, not too much dirt.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
How about cold?

What were the outside temps & how long had the interior been up to room temp?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had just returned from dropping someone off at the airport, so I'd been driving for about two hours. It was somewhere between 50° - 60°F outside.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Water dripping from map light assembly...

I've searched the MKIII forum and haven't seen this problem exactly.

I went through a touchless automatic wash yesterday, and halfway through the process I felt a drop of water land on my shoulder. I look up and see this: I haven't investigated the source I'd the water yet, I just think it's strange that it came out I'd the map light assembly.

It's a '12 SEL HB with only 18k miles. Seems a little soon for drains to be clogged our seals to be bad. I live in Denver, not too much rain, not too much dirt.
Hi RaceRed_in_CO,

Have you had a chance to head to your dealer for this? I want to see how I can best assist.

Meagan

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Take it to a Ford body shop, not the service dept.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Do you ever open your moonroof during the really cold weather? Piece of advice I received that always made sense. If you open the roof during cold weather, especially cold damp weather, you end up allowing cold moisture into/around the equipment and seals. Once you close it you then trap the moisture in where it freezes/expands thaws, rinse, lather, repeat. Over time, bad things.

Not sure if it's true or not, but it makes proper sense to me so I play it safe and don't risk it. Ontario, Canada here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts