Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to update everyone with my first major problem. I have had the car about 3 weeks with about 2.5k miles on it.

I opened the moon roof and it opened fine. I tried to close it and it took 3 times pushing the button to close. Looking at the top of it, it had a big glop of some type of grease looking substance.

Took it in to the dealer. There is a large square of sound damping material on the roof and it is attached with adhesive. the adhesive came loose and when the moon roof went back it crumpled it in the corner. This is also why there was a glop of it on the top when I closed it. They had the whole interior roof pulled out so they could get to the moon roof. It will be a few days or possible next week before its fixed.

I do have a loaner.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. We will be keeping a look out for this.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
yikes,, that sucks... ive heard on other posts about folks having problems w/ the headliner rattling due to inadequate or improperly placed adhesive...
seems ford need to look into the installation prodecures vis a vis the headliner.
i have a very small buzz tht comes and goes and is only heard when the fan and radio are off, it's that minor, so i guess im lucky.. the dealer couldn't replicate it... I found placing a folded up old fashioned match book in the seam where it can't be seen fixed the problem....:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have this black gooey crap on my sunroof as well. I have not had a clean car since the first time I used the sunroof. So far it has not affected the sunroof operation. As annoying as it is, I really hope it clears up on it's own.. How much crap can really be up there? I do not want to have the dealer take my headliner out, because i know something will get scratched, bent, scuffed or not fit back together properly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts