Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just purchased a 2000 focus lx... ITs a pretty basic model.

I was wondering where the motor for the moon roof is located and what possibly might be wrong...

The person i bought it off of said the moon roof just progressivly moved slower and slower so she stopped using it..

Also it would be nice if someone could hook me up with an electronic copy of the service manual [thumb]

Thanks guys

neewb

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
The power moon roofs didn't come out until 2002. The 2000 (if they even had factory sunroofs, can't remember) and the 2001's had a 'hand crank' style moonroof.

Since you have a 2000, it's either a manual (crank) one, not power or you have some sort of aftermarket one in your car.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Can you post up any pictures of it?

Also, did you check the fuses? If it's aftermarket, (which in a 2000 it has to be), it may be tough to find out where they have the fuse/power supply to the sunroof.

It could also be 'off track' as this was common with the STOCK focus sunroofs (2002 up) but that usually happens when it's open or partway open and not closed. The motor will be near the sunroof itself, either near the switch or along the side or back. You 'may' have to remove the headliner to find out what the deal is. That way you could also see where the wiring leads to and possibly (aftermarket) find the fuse unless it's near the switch (most logical) so maybe just drop the switch panel and look behind that.

She mentioned it moving slower and slower, I'm guessing it's probably the motor wearing out or warn out and if that is the case, you'll have to find the manufacturer or ask her if possible where she got it installed as to get a replacement.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah pictures will definitely let me (us) know if you have an aftermarket one or not. I'm guessing maybe there's the possibility that she got the dealership to install one in her car hense it could be a factory moonroof.....

The switch panel should 'pop' out unless there's some visible screws to undo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts