Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a repost. If so, feel free to recycle.

Shortly after installing my new end links I noticed the same thunk that had disappeared for a few weeks after the install. I ignored it thinking it might be something else until one day I was sure I could hear the shaft scraping through the mount.

I found my crushed locknut supplied by MOOG to be nearly falling off the top of the end link on one side- loose on the other.

Apparently the crushed/pinched locknut idea wasn't working, something that has always scared me about Ford's axle nuts.

I was unable to find 8mm coarse pitch nylon locknuts, but that's what I'd recommend to anyone else to fix this problem. It should be easy to locate these online.

I'm using the jam nut trick- one nut tightened against another. So far it's been a month, and no loosening yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
thanks for the headsup. i just replace them bout a month ago. no noise yet though.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
hm mine came with a castle nut and cotter pin.... [???:)] as always with cotter pins i have zero problemos.

then again i did know what i was doing and installed washers until the cotter pin hole lined up with the tightened nut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts