Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know what the heck is wrong with my car, but the longer it sits and the colder it gets, I start it up and I get MASSIVE vibration inside the car. It only gets worse when I turn the wheels. I honestly can’t explain the noise or feel because I’ve never experienced it before, but it just feels like my tires are rubbing or something is just not dampening vibrations well at all. I know it can’t be my tires hitting anything because it does it even when the car is not moving or going straight…

I thought it was my front struts so I recently replaced those with Monroe quick struts in the front and new shocks in the rear, and the problem still remains. It hasn't been that bad in the summer because its not nearly as bad when its warm, I only feel it when going over speed bumps - when the front dips down I’d feel and hear that rubbing noise again. But now that its getting cooler in the morning its all the time until the car warms up. When I take a corner at a decent speed it sounds like my wheels are rubbing terribly. But even if I hit a small bump going straight it’s still there.

What one earth could this be? Did I do something wrong when I installed my struts? I didn’t assemble the strut myself it came in one piece, I just took off the sway bar stabilizer and steering link, took the strut out of the steering knuckle and removed the 3 nuts on the upper bearing, then reinstalled the new ones. This noise is driving me crazy and I have no clue what it could be other than something in the suspension…

Any input???
Thanks...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sounds like engine mounts since temperature is a variable. Lots of material here on that. I have the same problem. The dashboard is the loudest part in the morning.

Toby

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Passenger side engine mount specifically. That one causes most of it. Most all replacements you can buy OTC will suck, OEM Ford by far the best part for that even at higher price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts