Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my car has developed a bogging/flat spot feel always between 2-3rpm, but only when accelerating in 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear while trying to accelerating from slow speeds after slowing down(like slowing for a light or a slower moving vehicle but not fully coming to a stop).
Falls right on its face for about a second and resumes accelerating as normal, a/c on or not and regardless of throttle or clutch input.
Its been pretty constant for the last month, no codes found, never any check engine light and runs fine otherwise.
Any ideas for what or where to look?
All the hoses under the hood looked good with no cracks or coming off from my quick glance at it, replaced the purge valve awhile ago and the air filter has about 6k on it.
I havent checked any of the wires because of time and working all of it but making time this weekend to look around under the hood more in depth.

Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The PCM is pretty sensitive to engine operation. If something is out of wack, the CEL will come on in a hurry. You could try a reset of the Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction. and re-set the KAM. You can also re-set the Adaptive fuel which will re-set the Long Term Fuel Trim. Try that and see if the issue goes away.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PCM is pretty sensitive to engine operation. If something is out of wack, the CEL will come on in a hurry. You could try a reset of the Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction. and re-set the KAM. You can also re-set the Adaptive fuel which will re-set the Long Term Fuel Trim. Try that and see if the issue goes away.
Thanks for the reply.
That sounds like something ill need a scanner for and not just pulling the battery cables to do.
I have a scanner that can do a few things(zurich zr 11) so ill see if it can, or atleast monitor it. I need to get an els327 plug to use the forscan ive had for years now.
A fuel related issue would likely throw a check engine light or code but even with my purge valve failing it never did.
I was actually wondering if its a sign of the recirculating valve on the turbo failing, since its not electric and just vacuum controlled. They have a reputation for failing ive seen but no description on what the signs are.
I have an ODBII boost gauge thingy coming in the mail next week so hopefully that will answer that question(the scanner cant read the boost pid for some reason).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have 100k on mine now and it will fall flat on its face sometimes from a stop. Really annoying and irritating. I'm thinking it needs a tune up and the plugs are shot. I will also be ordering a tune upgrade from puma speed or someone to try and help with a little more power. Repairs so far have been an oil pressure solenoid and a motor mount. I do need some front suspension parts like strut mounts and maybe end links.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts