Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone try to put the molded mud guards for the regular focus on their svt? My driveway is dirt (mud atm) and with the wide tires I have it slings mud all up the side of my car, hopin to get some mudguards liek my 99 cougar had, small and molded kinda make the car look like they are part of the body kit (painted to match)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mud Gaurds

I would not think the molded ones would work with the SVT sideskirts without modification. They may not be wide enough either. I had some on my previous car and when I upgraded to 17" whels, they still got some mud past the mud gaurds.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a pic of the ones that were on my cougar, so ya see what im getting at, I figure I will have to trim the back ones to fit the svt bumper but the front ones should be fine since its the same as a regular focus. Gonna go to my local dealership or parts store to see if they have them in stock so I can test fit them

·
Registered
456 Posts
I ordered some front mud guards for my focus a few weeks ago at the dealership, took a day to get them in. They prolly won't have 'em in stock. I've painted them to match the body color. I just gotta get around to taking my front wheels off to install them. [:)]

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
think since mine is a zx5 I didnt get any cool sideskirts like I have seen on the zx3 svt's =( need to ask my dealership about that, heres a pic, my side skirts look just like my wifes 01 SE (ie there is no sideskirt just the bodyline)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found a pic of them from fordaccessories.com $36 a pair worth a shot

·
Registered
265 Posts
5 Door SVT

No side skirts and the same rear bumper as the ZX 5? That kinda sucks. Cool car, but you pay for an SVT and they should give it to you! Dont car companies make you mad and confused sometimes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts