Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the module under the engine in front of the drivers side wheel is on a 2012 focus? It is rectangular shaped and has a couple mounts to the frame. One of my mounts (plastic) is broken and I noticed something hanging down.

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Would you trust arguably the most important part on your car to a ziptie? Your call there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I looked up the replacement part (PCM) and it doesn't look like what is on my car. Could the module in question not be the PCM? Any other modules in that area? It can only be seen accessed from under the car if that helps.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I zip tie everything.

I'd use them to hold my first-born in place if it weren't for angry glares from other parents.

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
I do too but not electronic components like PCM, they transfer too much vibration. I've seen a 200 mph pro stock car go into a solid bangout that lowered top speed by 50 mph due to doing exactly that. They could not figure out what was making engine do that, I came along and noticed the PCM for engine there was very lightly loose in plastic wireties and rubber mounting it correctly to stop the issue picked up likely 500 hp. instantly. The crew simply couldn't believe it.

It can be difficult to carry full power across pins and pin connectors that are in two places at once from vibration.

You have never heard a car miss until you hear 700 inches in complete misfire through 4 inch cans, it's pretty ugly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts